First, I just wanted to say thanks for all the info on this site. Just ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

BlownFuse no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20E28CE3

New user, movie question

Advertisement

First, I just wanted to say thanks for all the info on this site. Just by pouring through the forum, I was able to unlock the themes, get rid of PTT, and really get familiar with the layout and settings on the phone. This place definitely sped up my learning curve of my new toy.

I've seen some posts on how to get movies on the BB, I'm just wondering what the consensus is on the best way.
    SuperC?
    Blackberry Video Installer?
    Is there a SmartMovie player for the BB, or do some people just use the converter for encoding?

As far as encoding goes, is there a sweet spot for the settings to get movies to play smooth and look good? I've seen some threads where people were having difficulty keeping the sound in sync during playback.

Thanks in advance for any info and recommendations.

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

Re: New user, movie question

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2

I personally use DVDFab HD Decrypter for copying the movie and then went old school via the command line programs mPlayer/mEncoder to do the conversions of the videos. I've now converted about 30 movies and have had no issues.

For those that are interested, I believe that both SuperC and Seabyrd's products use these as there conversion tools.

If you are interested in seeing how I do my conversions, please check out this post on my blog.

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

Correct, Seabyrd BBVC does use mEncoder.