When connecting my Pearl to my computer, I can transfer files with ease...but when I ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

KenGillis no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240341E2

New to Pearl, some problems...

Advertisement

When connecting my Pearl to my computer, I can transfer files with ease...but when I try and transfer an .avi that I converted to the proper format for the Pearl, it will load the bar all the way up, and just as it's about to finish, it'll pop up a prompt saying that my Pearl has disconnected.

I don't have this problem with other types of files, only when trying to move videos. These videos I've also uploaded to my web server,and downloaded onto my phone from the internet with ease.

Another question I have is...how do I increase the maximum allowable file size on the Pearl? It's stuck around 2.5 mB, and the average MP3 is much larger than that.

Thanks in advance,
    Ken

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: New to Pearl, some problems...

I take it you don't have a microSD media card. It's probably for that reason you can't do anything with the video cards.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

KenGillis no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240341E2

So, I can't save this stuff to device memory?

I just want a few MP3's and Vids to hold me over until I make it up to Fry's to buy my MicroSD

jbjackson3004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

MP3s you should be able to hold a few, not exactly sure about vids, I do know my vids wouldn't work til I saved them to a media card

CoolJ no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got a pearl myself. I noticed if you transfer a ".avi" video close to the 2.5MB limit, it will do this. You either need to make it smaller, or encode it in a different format such as .3gp. Kind of wierd, but I ran into the same issue.