Hello everyone.... I'm very excited to have purchased my very first BB curve from Sprint ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

michina20 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question New BB owner

Advertisement

Hello everyone.... I'm very excited to have purchased my very first BB curve from Sprint and I have a few question and hope you guys could help me.....

I would like to know how to download free ringtones, how to download free themes and how do I download music from my itunes to the BB. This is new and a little complicated.. I'm still trying to figure out the terminology, so please spell things out...lol I'm sure in no time, I'll be breezing through all this... I love my new phone and can't wait to set it up as my old one..... Oh, and the battery, why if the only thing I've been doing is browsing the net and texting is it not lasting long?

Any and all information that you could provide me will be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,
    Michi

Maxx730 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31bf8ee1
    Themes are easy to download,
    You have two options..
    Desktop Download:

Download the zip folder, unzip it and it will have 2 files in it. Put them in a folder wherever on your computer you want, then run the desktop manager after connecting your BB, click add programs, then go to browse and find the theme.

OTA:

Just go to the website and click on the link with your BB browser and it will download right to your BB.

You can download some themes HERE...
    Its my website, I have made a couple of themes.

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f
    well ill attack one for you, you can download free themes from many websites.... pinstack where you are now is one place, theres two ways to do it, the first way is using your Desktop manager prgram that came with your phone. You have to find the theme you want to download and save it to your computer than connect your BB to DM (desktop manager) and use the option "application loader" find where u saved it and add it that way........... there more details im missing with that but those are the basics........

the 2nd way is doing it OTA (Over the Air) I like this way the best its easier, you can search for OTA downloasa of all types, all u do is when you find the one you want go to the website it tells u too with your BB browser and download it on the spot, that's it...... pin me if you have any specific questions..... hope i helped a little bit....

*Swagg*

Trottsky no está en línea Stack level 2
    Browsing takes a whole lot out of your blackberry battery. Luckily they recharge very quickly. For making free ringtones out of mp3 files you allready, have go to audiko.net. It allows you to crop out the piece of song you want and download it as an mp3 to drag and drop on your BB.

Btw welcome to the stacks.

Gamble13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Post hello

i just got the blackberry 8700c

i am not sure which desktop manager to download the ones that i have downloaded so far.
    Tell me that i have no applications, wont let me update, or add apps.
    maybe someone can help me

*note*
    I do not have the internet for my blackberry

plz help
    Gamble13

bigmarv no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Optional
    Welcome to Pinstack michina20. you can find all the free ringtones and wallpapers right here. Also terminology as well.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445
    www.mobile41.com is a great source for free ringtones and themes and is run by a fellow stacker. Enjoy!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well, it looks like you got all your questions covered. Welcome to the blackberry world. Feel free to let us know if you have any more questions. Congratulations on your new phone. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W
    Also about the battery...did you fully charge it before using it? When I first got my Pearl I couldn't wait to play with it so I didn't let the battery fully charge n it kept dying on me. If you didn't fully charge it...let the battery drain completely then plug it in overnight, when you're sleeping and won't be tempted to touch it!

Good luck n welcome to pinstack and blackberry addiction.

Angel

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Ringtones: www.funformobile.com
    Select tones and drop your query into search bar. Awesome library.
    Regarding using desktop manager for downloading themes: after you download theme to desktop click on application loader, then open folder you've downloaded for theme, and this is important - click on the ALX file to load it onto your Berry.
    Welcome to the awesome Stacks provided by Hayden and crew

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~P.S. Go to www.seidio.com
    for an extended capacity battery for your Berry

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Welcome to the site!

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

michina20 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Thanks so much

Hey guys and gals.... thanks so much for all the information provided. I do appreciate the suggestions. I do however, have another questions. So I found this web site where I could download the "themes" via OTA.. what's that all about? I see it on the phone, but It doesn't show under my themes as a download. How can I set it up as one? Is there steps to after downloading the themes that I have to do? It asked me to reboot the phone which I did and I though it would install on its own. I downloaded the theme directly from the phone.

In regards to the battery, I did let it drained yesterday and I recharged and it looks good. I will update in a few days if it's working.

Once again thanks for the warm welcome.