Hi everyone, Im new here and just just got a new black berry pearl 1800. ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

bktz no está en línea Stack level 1

Mp3 Ringtones Questions

Advertisement

Hi everyone,
    Im new here and just just got a new black berry pearl 1800. I just had acouple of questions that i was hoping someone would be able to help me with. First, can i have an MP3 ringtone on my pearl and if i can what program do i use to transfer it from my computer to my black berry? (i have a cable and i have a bluetooth adapter for my computer) Then if i can play MP3 files do i need to install any 3rd party software on my blackberry to be able to play the MP3's? Then lastly, is the same program that i use to send ringtones from my computer to my blackberry able to work for for games if i wanted to transfer any?

Thnx alot,
    Any help is appreciated.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Mp3 Ringtones Questions

The answer is YES....you can do it 2 ways....you can download the MP3 to your PC and then upload them to your BB using the Desktop manager ( Media Manager ) and place them on your Media Card...Don't place them on the memory of your phone, you will run out of room with 1-2 songs.....

or

if you have internet on your BB you can access what they call OTA themes and ringtones, OTA is Over the Air....so you browse to the file on your BB and then download directly to your BB....there are several members here that have a ON GOING list of free ringtones......you can see them here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...st_thread.html

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5

For games and apps.....most of the time you will need to install them with the Desktop Manager.....but sometimes you can get OTA games and apps that will install directly to your BB...

No extra software is needed to play MP3's on your BB, atleast on my 8300 that is to play MP3 and MP4 video files

bktz no está en línea Stack level 1

o but the mp3's that i put on my phone can i set any of them as my ringtone?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

you can load your music/pictures/videos/ringtones onto your pearl, as long as you have a memory card in your phone there will be no problems transferring them from desktop to device. you can go ither bluetooth or usb cord doesnt matter i perfer usb cable thats just my preference. to make ringtones i use a program called audacity or dbpoweramp. everything trasfers easily no 3rd party applications needed for this. the pearl does have a built in media player, but there are others to try out if you want to pay for them, sometimes you'll catch beta testing for new products. so if you feel comfortable testing software and all you can definately do that, you will normally need a data plan
    and if you are looking for ringtones you can request them and download them over the air for free at the links listed below
    The Official Ringtone Request
    Ongoing list of FREE Ringtones

if you have any other questions let me know
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter