i have the dark knight, i want to add that to my 8900. i've tried ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Movie MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

i have the dark knight, i want to add that to my 8900. i've tried "Super C' and "Blackberry Video Creator" and neither one of them works. the format in which the Dark Knight is under is a "wmv" file (downloaded from the digital copy). i have zero clue how to convert that file into a working one to use on my 8900. do i need the actual DVD (which i have) do i still try with the digital copy version? sumone plz tell me wut to do?????????????

its killing me

i have a long train ride to and from work and having a movie on my phone would be sooooooooooooo useful.

can anyone help???
    any ideas?

BTW: when i try to conver using "Blackberry Video Creator" the file doesnt complete properly. (usually takes about an hour to convert, it only took it 3seconds when i tried-thats not rite) n when i use "Super C", i just get an error message saying that the file type is not supported or that the file itself has errors (which i doubt errors would be the case since the file itself is able to play thru my windows media player).

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I used these steps I found on BerryVids Blog awhile back...I have been able to watch serveral movies on my BB with no problems after using these steps....

Program to download? Handbreak (Free) Download the GUI version for your Computer Type Once you have downloaded your program, launch the file and it will install within a minute.
    Step 1
    On the top left of the screen click “Source > Video File.” Browse your system and open your desired file once you have found it.
    Step 2
    On the far right side of the program you will see a list of “Presets.” Choose “iPod Legacy” which is located under “Apple > Legacy > iPod Legacy.”
    Step 3
    Here is where the fun begins and where the hours of testing came into play.
    • Choose your “Destination.”
    Under “Output Settings (Preset: iPod Legacy”
    • Choose “M4v File.“ & “iPod 5G Support.” (If M4v Doesn’t Work Use MP4).
    Under “Picture Settings” Only change the following if need be, leave the rest as is.
    • Crop > Automatic
    • Width/Height > 480 x 320 (If the video you are converting has smaller resolution than this then convert to 320×240!)
    Under “Video” Only change the following if need be, leave the rest as is.
    • Video Codec: H.264 (x264)
    • Frame Rate (FPS): Same As Source
    • Avg Bitrate (kbps): 1500 (Seems To Work BEST). Optional: 2-Pass Encoding (Doubles Time But Can Make A Quality Difference).
    Under “Audio & Subtitles” Only change the following if need be, leave the rest as is.
    • Source: Automatic
    • Audio Codec: AAC
    • Mixdown: Stereo
    • Samplerate (kHZ): 48
    • Bitrate (Kbps): 160
    The rest of the stuff you can play with if you’d like but those are the settings I used for my conversion.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

PIN/ID
    ask
    ok....the link you provided worked, problem is that the link is for an older version of the program, according to the box that appears when i double click the icon on my desktop....any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    ok....the link you provided worked, problem is that the link is for an older version of the program, according to the box that appears when i double click the icon on my desktop....any ideas?
    I didn't provide a link ?

just download Handbrake app ( google it ) and install. Follow the steps above and u got videos

PIN/ID
    ask
    well, i ment the the site....

btw, does that program allow me to rip the file from my DVD?

well, i ment the the site....

btw, does that program allow me to rip the file from my DVD?
    yes

PIN/ID
    ask
    i downloaded again from google claiming to be the latest version but i keep getting this pop up everytime i try to open the program....

.NET runtime library v2.0 or newer is required. You have 1.1.4322.

and thats it...wut do i do...im stuck!

i downloaded again from google claiming to be the latest version but i keep getting this pop up everytime i try to open the program....

.NET runtime library v2.0 or newer is required. You have 1.1.4322.

and thats it...wut do i do...im stuck!

You have to update your .NET on Windows....just run Windows Updates and make sure to install the .NET update