ok ...so I play bagpipes, and I have a program on my PC called bagpipe ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

firepiper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24133d85

midi music and the 8100

Advertisement

ok ...so I play bagpipes, and I have a program on my PC called bagpipe music player.

it shows you the music, and plays it in MIDI form with a little blue ball bouncing along above the notes. great tool for learning tunes!

my question is this.

I want to save the MIDI tunes and DL em onto my pearl so I can listen to the tunes, and play along on my PC(practice chanter) when I'm away from my PC (computer)..... like at work

any Ideas how I could go about doing this?

the BMP program is freewear http://www3.telus.net/public/dougwick/ if anyone who is so inclined would like to mess with it, maybe you can figure out a way where I could not.....

this would REALLY help me out in learning new tunes, I hope I(we/you) can make it happen!

thanks

Scott
    Last edited by firepiper; 05-19-2007 at 04:44 AM.
    on april 22 2007 my mother was killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it....
    Cancer was her killer, support cancer research and bring the killer to justice!!

PIN/ID
    24133d85

Re: midi music and the 8100

well I'm not sure how I would save the file as a midi.

I have fixed the link ( there was an x-tra http:// on it)

the file is a BMW file when you look at the code it looks something like this

LA_2 b2 c2 d2 and so on ..LA_2 being a low A half note ect so I dont know how I would turn that into an actual MIDI file to play on the pearl .
    if you click on the " bagpipe player link on the left side at that site it gives you a screen shot of what the player looks like.

look at the bottom of the screenshot and it will show you the midi mappings
    insturment mappings and so on.

it says in the features it can save the tune in midi file format, but i dont see on hte program itself how to do that.

also is it possible to PLAY midi files on the pearl media player?
    Last edited by firepiper; 05-19-2007 at 04:54 AM.
    on april 22 2007 my mother was killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it....
    Cancer was her killer, support cancer research and bring the killer to justice!!

PIN/ID
    24133d85

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah..... I'm an idiot :lol: I figured it out.

And it plays on the pearl ok I just wish it was louder thanks for the help
    Kfp

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

if I may ask what was the problem, just for future knowledge.
    knowledge is power!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    24133d85

I was looking in the wrong spot for the " save as midi " option if was under the file dropdown menu.....like I said I'm in idiot...should have looked there fromthe get go
    but I saved it as a midi, then mass storaged it into the music folder on my pearl. it plays great, I just wish the volume was a little louder..

the great part is that these midi files have 3 channels
    one for the chanter, one for the bass drone, one for the tenor drone, and all three play, so basicly its like having a (electric) bagpipe one your phone.

now if I could just find a 3rd party app for composing, like a bagpipe music writer gold for BB ( I would call it that ...not a reall app....yet)

anyone good at writing apps? I know a bunch of pipers that would be all over it
    LOL

KFP
    Last edited by firepiper; 05-21-2007 at 04:48 AM.