Hello All, Two weeks ago I touched a BB for the first time and I ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

d3
    d3 no está en línea Stack level 1

memory card interaction

Advertisement

Hello All,
    Two weeks ago I touched a BB for the first time and I was hooked. I have figured out most of the basics but need some basic help. Please.

Does the memory chip help with the speed of the phone or is it simply for file storage?

There is an application file - G:/BB/apps. Does this file interact with the BB or again - storage?

also... any download ideas for a good slide show.

thanks

devildogg2001 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24168E0D
    the sd card is only for storage far as i know, I've never used (or even seen) a storm, I have a pearl, so i cant speak for all of them, but as far as I know, it only affects storage, not the processer... sorry... and where is the application file at? on ur BB or PC? most likely you you wouldnt need to worry about it since you do all the application uploading either OTA or through your DM.. you shouldnt have mess with folders. hope this helps.

d3
    d3 no está en línea Stack level 1

memory card

Thanks for your help.
    it all makes sence now. the application folder is on the memory card is an empty file folder. i was thinking there might be some sort of sync or exchange between the folder and the BB.

devildogg2001 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24168E0D
    Ah well that makes sense to me too, the folder will get something in it once you install some apps ilm sure when you try it will give you an option to install to the device or sd card.. Ilm not sure how the storm works I'm only guessing here but on my other phone a tmo wing that is the way it worked..~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~