I have a 4 GB SDHC micro memory card installed in my 8130 Pearl. Up ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

ebrandeis no está en línea Stack level 1

Memory Card Has Too Many Files?

Advertisement

I have a 4 GB SDHC micro memory card installed in my 8130 Pearl. Up until recently I just had a \blackberry folder with the usual \music, etc. folders inside of it. I was able to quickly view my music and pictures using the built in media programs on my Blackberry.

I decided I wanted to make my phone more useful, so I installed Portable apps and a few other tools into their own folders. Now my memory card has a structure like this:

\blackberry\music
    \blackberry\pictures
    \portableapps\app1
    \portableapps\app2
    \documents\file1
    \documents\file2

This is greatly simplified. I have thousands of files over hundreds of folders on my memory card and am using about 3 GB of the memory.

The problem is that my phone now seems to want to search all of the non-"blackberry" folders for music, pictures, etc. This causes extreme lag when loading the media browser. I also end up with 20 or so extra folders showing up when I browse my pictures.

My guess is that the phone is automatically searching all the folders each time I load the program and including any folders that contain picture files (jpg, bmp, etc.).

Is there anyway to hide these files from the phone? I want to be able to use a portion of my memory card for mass storage (tools and files for use on a computer when I am connected by USB) and a portion to store my actual BB media.

Thanks for your help.

ebrandeis no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just a quick update here. I tried removing my 4 GB microSDHC card and found that the performance of my phone in all applications improved significantly. In fact it is now much faster than when I had just 10 or 20 MB of pictures on it from using the phone's camera.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a known issue with the Blackberry OS not handling large memory cards well?