Hi, I recently switched over to an 8100 from a walkman phone. I love it ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

jayloh no está en línea Stack level 1

Question media player features?

Advertisement

Hi,
    I recently switched over to an 8100 from a walkman phone. I love it - the keyboard is great, the OS works, and the push email is awesome. However, there are a few features that the walkman had that I miss in the default BB media player:
    -an equalizer
    -the ability to skip to next/previous track from any screen via hardkeys
    -popup notification when advancing to the next track displaying song and artist (on any screen)

I know that the mp3 player on the BB is almost an afterthought, but I was wondering if there is any sort of plugin that would enable features like these? Or if not, do any of the 3rd party media players do any of these? Thanks.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    What OS version are you running on your BB? Go to Options/About 3rd line down starts w/ v4.

OS 4.5 allows you to change tracks by holding the volume keys up or down and that OS also has some equalizer options. No pop-up though. Maybe someone knows of a 3rd party player that does this....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I'm running 4.5.012. Thanks for the heads-up on the volume keys, that's awesome! I haven't found any equalizer settings in the media player options, though - maybe that's only in certain OS versions? Anyway, thanks again.

Sorry, typo on my part - I meant that I'm using OS 4.5.102.

I believe you need to have your headphones plugged in to see the equalizer options in the menu...were yours plugged in when you looked?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Yes, my headphones are plugged in right now, and the only options that show up are to change the device memory limit, change the picture slideshow settings, and to turn off the auto backlighting. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks again.

Just not looking in the right place, start playing a song and then hit menu, should see it then
    Twitter? My Apps List

Hmm... maybe I'm being dumb, but I have a song playing, headphones in, and I'm looking at the track info page. When I hit menu, all I have are 'replay', 'repeat', 'shuffle', 'show playlist', 'activate speakerphone', 'activate handset', and then the standard switch app and close buttons. If I'm looking at the playlist and hit menu, I get the same options with the exception of 'track info' instead of 'playlist'. Am I missing something obvious here? Thanks.

Hmm, on mine the equalizer is right in between show playlist and activate speakerphone. I'm running OS 4.5.0.89 Maybe it's just not included in that OS version.....weird. I have that option on both my 8130 and my 8330. Maybe some 8100 users can chime in about what OS they have and if they have this option.......
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    You can hit your menu button then go to options when you first go into your music and go all the way to the bottom. It says equilizer and you can change your setting there.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by metalroger; 01-08-2009 at 03:46 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for the info. Found it on my 8120.

Is it possible that it's just not a feature included in the 8100? It might only be in the 8110, 8120, and 8130... unless anyone with the plain vanilla pearl knows otherwise? I've looked in all the menus, and I don't see it anywhere.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I guess it's not on the 8100. I just looked at my backup 8100 and it's not there as an option.

nghienpc no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can I setup it for 7290?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by nghienpc View Post
    Can I setup it for 7290?
    What are you looking to set up for the 7290? Keep an eye on some of the threads you're posting in. Some of them have been inactive for a couple of months, if not longer.