I love my new Blackberry Pearl, but it won't play the preloaded video "Blackberry.avi". I ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

rlerwin no está en línea Stack level 1

Media Player Error - can't play pre-loaded .avi video

Advertisement

I love my new Blackberry Pearl, but it won't play the preloaded video "Blackberry.avi". I get "Error playing - the media being played is of an unsupported format". What?! Isn't the preloaded stuff suppose to work? Did I mess something up already? Please help.

ps...Newbie, so step-by-step answers are best.

steva11 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Media Player Error - can't play pre-loaded .avi video

that's funny...something's definitely wrong. try uploading your own video in the proper format and see what happens. There's nothing special to playing the preloaded viseo, it should just play.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Yeah it sounds like the video wasn't loaded corectly to your device by blackberry. Just try loading one of your own videos to the device and if you like through the application loader on your desktop manager remove that smaple video. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rlerwin no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks so much for the help. But I found out that it was something stupid (that I most likely did). When I was on the Desktop Manager downloading something else I happened to notice that the Sample Video was not checked! Well, duh!! So I just re-installed it and ta-dah! Now to go forward and try downloading my own videos.