I have had my Verizon Curve since the day they came out. I have a ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D

Thumbs down Media Card Songs Skiping Help

Advertisement

I have had my Verizon Curve since the day they came out. I have a 4Gb card and have been loading and playing music without issues.
    Last night I loaded a few more Cds using WMP, I have approx 1.6GB left on the card now.
    When I play the songs many of the skip and sound more like whale sounds. It will skip through an entire song in seconds. Some songs play fine, others skip over. Some are songs that I have had on the card for months and now they skip, some are new and skip. Some new ones play and some old ones play just fine.
    This is a real bummer and I am not sure how to proceed. If I have to reformat the card I have to pull off all the picture files, songs, etc, what a pain.
    So has anyone else had this problem?
    Can I just grab the folders whole and pull them off the card or do I have to pull each file off one by one to the desk top if I want to try and reformat.
    Please help, I have to travel tonight and now wont have my music for the plane.
    Argh......................

Hardrive no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31CDAE51
    Sounds like you have the copy protect on. If that is the case, you'll have to either delete all you music ripped with that setting on or burn it to disc and rip again without the protect option on.
    It should be in the tools dropdown, under rip options.

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    Harddrive i think you are correct. I pulled the files off onto my desk top and reformatted the card. Then when I pulled the files back over the copyright protected files would not load back over.
    So your saying this is a setting in WMP, under tools?
    Funny thing is it effected songs that had been playing on the Curve for months.

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    Hardrive, i found the setting you were talking about. My WMP at work does not have those options checked and I ripped a CD back at it worked fine. Must be that my WMP at home has the options checked. I would guess anything I ripped at home had the copy protection on it and I wll have to rip it all again.
    Thanks for the quick repsonse.
    I did learn how to pull the entire folders off and copy to my desl top, reformat the card and then drag it all back. It did not take as long as I thought it would but non of the copy protected materials came back over so I will spend some time tonight, see what I lost and rip the albums again. Its a lesson learned the hard way!!