I am new to BB... I had a smartphone prior to changing to the 8800. ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

davidlong99 no está en línea Stack level 1

Media Card problems

Advertisement

I am new to BB... I had a smartphone prior to changing to the 8800. I placed a new micro sd card (2gig) into the phone that had various photos (jpg) and music files (mp3) in the 8800 and I can't see the files... I can see the folders on my media card if I click on explore, but I can not see the files. IN folders that contain music, I can click on play subfolder in the menu and the music will play and the mp3 player does recognise the music files. However, if I try setting a music file as a ringtone... I can't see the files.

One time I got on the BB under ringtones and observed the files and selected it as my general ringtone... I have not seen the files on the BB ever since that time. However the current ringtone is from my mediacard...

I need Help... I want to select different rings for different people and I can't see my files to do this simple task...

Thanks,

David

mobilityguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Media Card problems

David,
    My suggestion would be to backup the data on the card to your pc then format the card, and move the data back. Your probably missing files the BB uses to index and id the files on the card.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Yup, what he said. Until you format the card, you wont see anything. Pull the data off of the card onto your computer (make a folder on the desktop for easy access). Put the card into your device, go to options>advanced options>media card then push the menu key (next to send) and select <format card>. After that you can use the desktop manager software to create all the folders you need on the memory card, pull your data from the computer into the media card files you created, and presto, you got your files on your device

breastbone1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    pls ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does anyone know how 2 retrieve an instant message conversation that was lost/deleted when my BB was accidently powered off?

breastbone1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    pls ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does anyone know how 2 retrieve an instant message conversation that was lost/deleted when my BB was accidently powered off?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Hope the card format worked. Oh and breastbone1 usually on the oz client tmobile offers your conversations stay saved. I don't know if you use tmobile services or not. But that's the case with tmobile. If you are using yahoo messenger once the phobe is reset it restarts the conversation.

Ps-you mite want to start a new thread with your question. That way you could have gotten a response sooner. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~