Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do you transfer media to another media card? What is the maximum card an ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

ddcollins77 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Media card!

Advertisement

How do you transfer media to another media card? What is the maximum card an 8120 can handle?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    To tranfer the data you will need to save the card data to your PC and then add it to your new card. Maximum card size depends on the Operating System you are running. Check here for your answer.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Also, you can do a simple copy and paste. Attach the card to your p-c, copy it off to a folder; attach the 2nd card to your p-c and paste the info back to it. Voila! Done! Actually, that's what the Cowboy said isn't it?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

russ65 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318985d
    quick question about media cards, when you go to status in the options menu will it include the space on media card into the file free, or will it just show device free space?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Should show both and yes Jb thats what I said...lol... just not as detailed as you my friend.

Correction: Not in options statues I'm sorry misunderstood.

Just the device free memory. You have to go to options, media card to see the free memory on the card.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Should show both and yes Jb thats what I said...lol... just not as detailed as you my friend.
    Right, I answered and then read your post - that's backwards of me!

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Go to options and you'll see media card whole separate option under options but on the storm you go to memory...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    318985d
    Thanks for the info, I still seem to lose a lot of memory during the day I start with around 21 megs @end up with around 17 at the end that's after memory clean@browser clearing

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you cleared your log files and done a battery pull??

PIN/ID
    318985d
    Just did battery pull, back up to 20 not sure what clearing log is other than memory @browser clear is all I'm familiar with

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Your experiencing a memory leak not sure what's causing but consider yourself lucky I start with 34MB go down to 12MB daily and then I have quick pull run reset at night...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by russ65 View Post
    Just did battery pull, back up to 20 not sure what clearing log is other than memory @browser clear is all I'm familiar with
    Instead of a battery pull, I recommend this program, soft reset. Free OTA download:
    http://www.geekandproud.net/blackber.../softreset.jad

Make a habit of using it to reset your BB every other day. Easier than a battery pull and does the same thing. As far as the log, they mean the event log. From the home screen hold the alt key and type the letters lglg then menu/clear log. It really does not do much to boost your memory but see if it makes much difference for you.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Instead of a battery pull, I recommend this program, soft reset. Free OTA download:
    http://www.geekandproud.net/blackber.../softreset.jad

Make a habit of using it to reset your BB every other day. Easier than a battery pull and does the same thing. As far as the log, they mean the event log. From the home screen hold the alt key and type the letters lglg then menu/clear log. It really does not do much to boost your memory but see if it makes much difference for you.
    I agree with you. I also use MaxMem. But, be VERY careful using it on your BB. You may end up deleting things that you didn't intend to. Any questions about it, please ask our wonderful staff, post here, or pin or message me.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

PIN/ID
    318985d
    Thanks for the help, cleared log @downloaded softreset, tried to reset got error mesage java lang illegal argument exception any ideas as to why?thanx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast