Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Check post #9... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Itunes downloaded songs on blackberry

Advertisement

Check post #9
    Last edited by jeffallen8; 02-11-2008 at 11:26 AM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Itunes downloaded songs on blackberry

I think I'll try it - I haven't before because everyone said it couldn't be done. We'll see how it goes.

UPDATE: I don't know what you did - I downloaded a couple of things - they download fine but won't play. As far as I know BB's won't play m4p (or m4a, audio) files at all. I guess you can just count your lucky stars and have fun listening to you iTunes.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 02-10-2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: to update my test

PIN/ID
    Huh?

You have to sign a new agreement when you download a new song so they might have changed there policy

The files I got when i purchased from I tunes came to me as a M4A file.
    Last edited by jeffallen8; 02-10-2008 at 05:12 PM.

jclif no está en línea Device Pro

I've downloaded several albums that I have converted through iTunes onto my Blackberry and they play just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jclif View Post
    I've downloaded several albums that I have converted through iTunes onto my Blackberry and they play just fine.
    What's the file extension on your iTunes files, m4p?

jclif no está en línea Device Pro

when i check the properties of the song on my blackberry it says they are m4a

PIN/ID
    Huh?

Yeah like blackfish said If the M4A they will play. The songs I bought off of Itunes were M4A format. I wonder if the new songs that Itunes are selling are this way, download the free song of the week and try it and see what file type you download!

Confirmed that the m4a extensions play on the BB - the m4p do not. I hadn't noticed the different extensions but I think the m4a extensions are the ones that I have moved to iTunes from my own library in My Music and the m4p are the ones that I downloaded using iTunes.

That sort of makes sense in that iTunes is very protective about letting their downloaded items "out" for general use. I don't know if that attitude has changed (or will in the future) - I just downloaded some tunes and they are m4p so they won't play on the BB.

Jeffallen8, be thankful that it's working for you - I hope it continues. I imagine there's a way to convert the iTunes to another file type but I don't care enough to spend the time working it out. I've got LOTS of tunes on my BB and P-C.

Your case: "...I purchased and downloaded We The Kings CD and I noticed that my files werent locked by iTunes anymore...." is interesting - I can't explain it.)

PIN/ID
    Huh?

Sweet!!! I tunes got ride of the protection on there new song files.

What is iTunes Plus?

iTunes Plus refers to songs and music videos available in our highest-quality 256 kbps AAC encoding (twice the current bit rate of 128 kbps), and without digital rights management (DRM). There are no burn limits and iTunes Plus music will play on all iPods, Mac or Windows computers, Apple TVs, and many other digital music players.
    iTunes DRM-protected music includes audio with a bit rate of 128 kbps and allows users to transfer songs and videos to up to five computers, burn seven copies of the same playlist to CD, and sync to an unlimited number of iPods.

original info: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305567
    Last edited by jeffallen8; 02-11-2008 at 11:27 AM.

The ONLY reason I use iTunes for downloading music (and it's a great one) is that I can download 1 or 2 tunes rather than buying an album and getting what I consider to be 90% crap with a great cut or two. Most everyone who listens to much music develops REAL SPECIFIC tastes in what they like and what they don't like, even within groups and music types.

I guess the question for me is can the iTunes stuff that I have downloaded in the past be "freed" to play on other devices that it wouldn't play on before. Sometime, when I have few days to kill, I'll see if I can work that out. For now...on to other things....

PIN/ID
    Huh?

blackFish
    "I guess the question for me is can the iTunes stuff that I have downloaded in the past be "freed" to play on other devices that it wouldn't play on before."

its all in the article

Can I upgrade previously purchased music to iTunes Plus?

Yes. Any available upgrades will be shown on the Upgrade My Library page (Music received for free is not eligible for upgrade.). You can upgrade all music at once by using the Buy button. This replaces all music you've bought previously on iTunes with available iTunes Plus versions of the same music. You cannot choose which songs, music videos or albums to upgrade individually. Song upgrades are available for $0.30, video upgrades for $0.60, and albums for 30% of the album price. iTunes Plus music will continually be added to iTunes, so check back often to find new music available for upgrading.

jeff,

Got it. Thanks. I'll check it out and tally up the cost to see if it's worth it. See you in the stacks.
    jblackfish

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This is great news!
    What a great find.
    Thanks everyone!

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Where is the "Upgrade my library" option?

Nevermind, found it. Now trying to find a way to convert the m4p files to mp3...
    Last edited by ktorres1120; 02-12-2008 at 11:20 PM.
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

PIN/ID
    Huh?

hey ktorres1120
    explain where you found the upgrade my library button so everyone else knows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast