This is my first post on this site. First, let me thank all you stackers ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

strukt99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318b4970

ID3 editor?

Advertisement

This is my first post on this site. First, let me thank all you stackers for all the information and downloads I've received from this site. Here's my dilemma: When I rip CD's from my computer, the album information is automatically detected and the files are named accordingly. However, I've ripped CD's without being connected to the internet, leaving some of my files named track 1.mp3, etc. Is there an application or a media player for blackberry than can automatically detect the album info and change the id3? It doesn't even have to be automatic. I just don't want to spend a bunch of time renaming all the songs I've put on my phone. Thanks in advance.

riprat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319360F9
    Once you have ripped the cd and created your mp3's there is no application in the world that can get the id3 tags simply cause the information isnt there. It has to be done from the cd itself.

strukt99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318b4970
    What about manual look up? Even that's better than typing all the tracks out one by one.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Does anyone know of a free program that you can easily edit the tagged data? A lot of mine are screwed up since I do a lot of downloading(yes I admit it).
    ~via BB8330 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Xorphan no está en línea Stack level 2
    There are dozens out there,

one that comes to mind is FixTunes. I have this installed and used it to manage

my 10K music collection, I like that it performs automatic lookups, and provides

percentage of accuracy per file. correcting files manually is also quite simple.

or search google there are quite a few. not all are reliable though.
    Last edited by Xorphan; 06-14-2008 at 08:47 PM.
    http://xorphan-design.com
    creativity in colour / design in mind

CRSO no está en línea Stack level 1
    The best one for renaming batch files is id3TAGit. I have and used all of them including fixtunes. They are all good in their own way and you should try them all.

I am a professional audio engineer/DJ and have to manage over 50,000 sound files. My 25,000 mp3 track tags (LAME 256+ VBR of course) are batch named with id3TAGit. When it comes to naming the tag to file, file to tag (use 2.3 and NOT 2.4) and changing around information, nothing comes close. Too bad it's not supported anymore.

Musicbrainz is good to lookup info and cross reference it with Amazon.com's music site.