OK...the media player has lost some of my music files. I have everything arranged on ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

brandonalt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30601e17

I seem to have lost my music

Advertisement

OK...the media player has lost some of my music files. I have everything arranged on the SD card in a logical way.

Artist-->Album-->Files

And almost everything plays just fine...however, there are now two whole directories of music that have disappeared from the media player listing. They used to be playing, but not anymore. I have tried a hard reset with no luck. I can see the files on the PC and even through the media player when I use the BB button-->explore (which I just learned about! Thanks!) but I don't see them in the media player listing.

Does anyone have any idea what's up??

Thanks.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: I seem to have lost my music

Hm...I'm not quite sure why you can view it on your SD card on your computer but not your phone.
    Usually a battery pull would be able to fix that. I know sometimes it takes a little bit for the media to show up on your phone.

Maybe someone else has a suggestion..
    ~Lauren

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Do a battery pull and reinsert. The unit will begin its power-up sequence. Wait fifteen minutes or so. If you go in before all the indexing is done it will terminate prematurely and won't index everything so you won't be able to get to everything.

I have a 4 gig card with is usually full and it seems that 15 minutes is required. I haven't done timing tests to see if 14, 12 etc. Is the real minimum time needed.

I wish RIM gave an indicator so you'd know when indexing is happening or an option to manually reindex.

brandonalt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30601e17

Thanks...the wait and see method worked. I can see all my music files again.