I'm trying to copy a cd to my computer and then get it onto my ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

jude37 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question how do I label music on media card?

Advertisement

I'm trying to copy a cd to my computer and then get it onto my new 8gb media card in my 8130. Once I have the cd in "my music" folder on my computer I'm using my desk top manager, I'm embeding the songs and drag dropping them onto my media storage card in my device. What I'm not understanding is why when I go on my device to my music the songs are just showing up as "track01" ect. with none of the embedded info such as album, artist and so on. I'm probably an idiot but I can't for the life of me figure out how to lable and organize my music on my storage card. Can anyone help me?

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I know that there are programs that "tag" mp3s. It might be similar to CDs that you put on your PC. With MP3 tag, you can assign, name of song, artist, album, etc.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    OK serious if you DL Itunes you can just drag & drop. Plus the songs will already be labeled.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

Yeah, I'm tagging the songs using the roxio media manager program on my desktop manager and I can see all of the info there on my desk top in "album" under "my media" but when I get the file over to my media card on my device the songs are just showing up as a file labeled "track01" and so on.

chenoda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2431E077
    I don't know if you have a PC or an Apple, but I have a PC and what I do is when I have my BB hooked up to my computer, I go straight to "My Computer", click Blackberry, then click music folder and on the music file I want to label, I right click on, then click properties, then click details and fill in the information there. It'll save the info on the BB.

Or before you drag it to your BB you can make sure the info is there on the properties-->details of the music file.

thanks Sam but since I already own the cd's...

ok, Chenoda I see what your talking about as far as changing the name of the file but I'm still not getting how you get your albums to cross referance on your device with artist, album, song, ect. All of those headings just show up as "unknown".

PIN/ID
    2431E077
    You can fill in all the info of the song on the DETAILS tab, song title, album, genre, #, year... everything. I think you may have just gone to the GENERAL tab, you have to click on DETAILS. I do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jude37 View Post
    ok, Chenoda I see what your talking about as far as changing the name of the file but I'm still not getting how you get your albums to cross referance on your device with artist, album, song, ect. All of those headings just show up as "unknown".

Chenoda when I get to properties (I have a PC also) I get a general and a summery tab but no details tab.?

PIN/ID
    2431E077
    Huh, I don't know how to fix that, but if you're trying this on the songs on your BB, try it on a song file on your computer, see if Details comes up there.

yeah, no, same thing. No details.

PIN/ID
    2431E077
    Oh well, sorry about that. I don't know why the details tab isn't coming up. Hope you find how to fix your problem.