i just bought my first phone, yes a blackberry, but i can't get the usb ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

rightushook no está en línea Stack level 1

help usb :(

Advertisement

i just bought my first phone, yes a blackberry, but i can't get the usb to work. The bb is plugged in to my computer using the software and it keeps telling me its not connected. Actually only when i try to use the media manager to add wallpapers.

please help

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    do you have mass storage enabled? if so, don't bother with the media manager, use the BB sort of like a flash drive.

open windows explorer and drag/drop the wallpapers onto your media card easier to me than the media manager

oh, and welcome to pinstack! you picked a GREAT week to join!

when i go to advanced options it says its enabled, but the folder that pops on my computer says insert cd.

and thanks, I would have posted an introduction but wanted to get this done.

edit, i believe i know whats wrong

stupid me, no microsd unless it comes from factory with one. Now i need to know what size is the biggest.
    Blackberry 8100
    v.4.2.1.107, Platform 2.3.0.83
    Last edited by rightushook; 05-12-2008 at 02:32 AM.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    do you get 'other' options on that window? is it the window that shows you have plugged in a portable device?

mine pops up and gives me several choices on what i want to do with the 'portable drive'

nope, it just tells me to insert disk.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    do you have mass storage enabled? if so, don't bother with the media manager, use the BB sort of like a flash drive.

open windows explorer and drag/drop the wallpapers onto your media card easier to me than the media manager

oh, and welcome to pinstack! you picked a GREAT week to join!
    yep, that's your problem. you can however email the images to yourself and save them into your device memory, until you can get a card.

i believe 4g can be used on that OS, but you should confirm that with someone using that OS. min, you can get a 2g for sure.
    i bought a 4gb at frye's the other day for like 14.99 -- yet, a year ago when i got my curve it was 100 smackers! so cheap now.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    um, i quoted myself...sorry.

i'll see if i can get any information, a 4gb would be great but 2gb would work fine.

i've heard that it drastically increases how quick the bb runs, is that true?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ LMAO Cherri.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by rightushook View Post
    i'll see if i can get any information, a 4gb would be great but 2gb would work fine.

i've heard that it drastically increases how quick the bb runs, is that true?
    not sure about the increase in performance. i actually have NOT owned a bb in the last 2 years without an SD card
    considering they are sooo cheap, ya, get ya one, or two

yeah, could swap em, good point.

i could most likely get 2 or 3 cheaper than one, i've seen 1 gig's go for 10$. Don't know how reliable they are though .

well i'm going to bed, i'll be back tomorrow to see whats new. hopefully get an answer to these 2 questions aswell. thanks for the help.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by rightushook View Post
    yeah, could swap em, good point.

i could most likely get 2 or 3 cheaper than one, i've seen 1 gig's go for 10$. Don't know how reliable they are though .

well i'm going to bed, i'll be back tomorrow to see whats new. hopefully get an answer to these 2 questions aswell. thanks for the help.
    well, good idea, but remember the mem card slot for the 8100 is INSIDE and behind the battery...so switching might not be optimal ... but you are right, the 1gb/2gb are SERIOUSLY cheap...sometimes you can even find 2/pk specials

yes, thats a good point, i was just looking at it today and noticed how it is in the phone.

i'm going to check today because i really want to start making it unique. Btw, have you used the color ball thing, where it supposedly changes the colors??

trueblue02l no está en línea Stack level 2
    You cab only chabge the trackball colors on the pearl. There is a thread though on here that details how to color your own.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~