I tried searching the forums but everyone had different problems??? I made a 40 sec ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

micherooo no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Help! Long Ringtone, cut short and loops during calls

Advertisement

I tried searching the forums but everyone had different problems???

I made a 40 sec mp3 for a ringtone. I modified so that it has a "fade in" effect in the beginning. According to the forums, T-Mobile (what I have) has about a default 25 second wait before it hits the voicemail. I timed this and mine is about 30 seconds. However, my ringtone gets cut short 10-15 seconds into the call, and loops back to the beginning of the song. ANNOYING because the beginning of my ringtone has the fade-in effect...so I get to hear my ringtone from light to loud and immediately to light again---pointless because a lot of the time I miss my calls since the loud portion is so short. I would REALLY prefer the fade-in effect for when the phone is close by and I need it quiet cuz I hate that feeling of a loud ring tone next to you scaring the bejesus out of you.

I tried saving this on my device-same thing.
    I tried saving this on my ringtones folder in my media card-same thing.

When I go into my phone profiles>advanced>normal>phone to change my tunes and "preview" the song, it is also cut short there. But not really fair when I play the preloaded songs (the .mid files) it will play for VERY long. Is it something about MP3s? I think I also tried a wav file and it did the same thing. I read somewhere on the forums that it has to be a certain size maybe? But I REALLY want a good quality MP3 sound. Any suggestions would be very helpful!

Is there anything I can do? Right now...I'm about to give up and just make a new MP3 ringtone loud all the way and make it loop nicely.

Thanks!

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Help! Long Ringtone, cut short and loops during calls

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Edit your profile tochange the "Number of Beeps" to 1.

micherooo no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Help! Long Ringtone, cut short and loops during calls

I originally posted this in the 8100 forum but it got moved here.
    The 8100 doesn't have an option to change beeps so that's why I don't know what to do

I've tried doing it without vibrate and it's still the same thing.