Hey guys! So I just started using a 2GB MicroSD, love it! Watch movies and ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

John-holley no está en línea Stack level 1

Headset on the Wonderful Xplayer

Advertisement

Hey guys!

So I just started using a 2GB MicroSD, love it! Watch movies and all kinds of things! Love listening to music with friends, However, when I want to listen to music by my self ( IE. In class ) I have a problem with the headphones working, as in ... they don't.

I am using a 3rd party set of 3.5mm (regular headphones) with a converter down to my BB. I've tested them, and I understand the lack of stereo to mono ( not the problem).

The problem is within the use of Xplayer, I can only hear through the headphones when the XPlayer is on the mode "Handsfree / Headset".

I hear through one ear ( mono problem -- my bad ) AND the speaker phone.

Any ideas to disable the speaker phone?

I can live with one ear for now... But not with my history class or english class listening to my sick Jams yo!

All suggestions appreciated!

Sorry if this is a double post, Searched the forums for HOURS.... never saw one like this!

--Radio

--Always Vigilant.
    The Power of Research is Limitless

Always Vigilant

--Radio

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Headset on the Wonderful Xplayer

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~My guess, and it is just a guess as I've never used headphones with my BB, is that you need to swap your "regular headphones" for the small ear bud style where you wouldn't need the adapter. Either that or see if someone offers a portable headphone amp...

I say this because I use an extremely expensive pair of AKG headphones on my home computer that I originally used in a recording studio. I found that without a headphone amp, the computer / computer speakers just didn't have the juice to make sound through those puppies. I'd get nothing from 0 - 50% on the dial, and then very little up to 85%; until I put a phone amp in line I could only listen to music at around 90-95%. Personally I prefer that style of headphone as they sound better to me, and I don't mind working around the issues.

I'd suggest borrowing a friend's ear buds and see if that works.

John-holley no está en línea Stack level 1

Well, come to find out, it was the juice. Running an adapter down to the BB size.... just killed my power.

And my battery!!!

Fixed now, thanks StarMILE!
    The Power of Research is Limitless

Always Vigilant

--Radio

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Glad you got it figured out. For what it's worth, it's really nothing to do with the adapter but rather the speakers in the larger style headphones (especially high end AKGs with 2 x 600 ohms) just can't be driven properly by power from most computer and handheld device headphone jacks.

tx8in no está en línea Stack level 1

I found that if I pull the 3.5 mm jack slightly out of the adapter suddenly "STEREO SOUND"