Ok hopefully someone can help me out here. I have a pearl 8100. Yesterday I ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

neverender_33 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F39A35

having trouble making a ringtone

Advertisement

Ok hopefully someone can help me out here. I have a pearl 8100. Yesterday I was making ringtones with a music editing program on my computer (audio deluxe cleaning lab by majix, think that's the spelling anyway). I had a little 10 second clip of a song I wanted to use from an existing mp3 file on the pc. After editing I exported the file as an mp3 and saved to my music folder on the pc. When I transfer this file to my pearl from the desktop manager it shows up as an REM file on the phone. I tried saving it under device memory and on the media card, and in different folders for each (music and ringtones) with the same result. It will show up on my phone under the profile editer with the other preloaded tunes but it won't play. Same thing when I open it from my music folder, it will open but not play, and in the media player it shows a time of 2 minutes and something when its just a 10 second clip. So what's an rem file and how do I keep this in the mp3 format so it will work on my phone?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Hmmm..that's odd!!
    Does the file play okay on the PC? that happens when the file is in the wrong format, or somewhere along exporting it, it got damaged.

You should try Audacity for making ringtones, it works the best (IMO), it's easy to use..and above all, it's FREE.

You and get it HERE, Make sure to download the LAME MP3 Encoder (found on the site as well)

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    neverender_33

If you need further help, you can PM me, I've become an expert on this stuff.

Good Luck.

neverender_33 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F39A35
    Yeah it plays back on the pc. And on the pc its still in mp3 format, only when I put it on the phone it shows up as an rem file.
    Do you know if there's any way to convert wma files to mp3's? I have a ton of music on the pc that was ripped from cd's, they will transfer to my phone but they won't play so i'm stuck with the few mp3s I do have.
    I'll definatly try that other program for the ringtones though. Thanks much!