Hey guys, I just got a red 8310, in fact this is my first blackberry, ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

thomakon no está en línea Stack level 1

Got an 8310, Need help choosing a MicroSD card

Advertisement

Hey guys,

I just got a red 8310, in fact this is my first blackberry, and so far I'm very impressed.

Just from some preliminary research, it seems that I can use pretty much any 2GB card that is out there but anything higher gets mixed results. Since I plan to use the Curve not only for music, but for pics and videos as well, I was wondering if I could use a 4GB (or even higher) micro SDHC.

Here are the specs of my 8310:

-Blackberry 8310 (its red and Rogers branded if that makes a difference )
    -0S: v4.2.2.163

If any of you guys use a 4GB or greater card, I would really like to know. Also, if you can, please post your:

-OS version
    -Card size and the manufacturer's brand
    -The card's transfer speed (a.k.a Class 2,4, or 6). This is usually labeled on the card itself.

Thanks for all your help.

OHH and btw, the GPS on this thing rocks. It is consistently within 2-5 meters of my actual location. This is much more than what I expected to get from a smartphone. I'm taking a wild guess here, but by any chance is it using Sirf 3?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you update to the latest OS you should be able to use the 4GB card.

Once the newer OS drops(if it ever does) we should be able to use a 8GB card.

jhinty no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have 8310 with a brand new 8 gig card. Bought it knowing I could only use half capacity ... And praying that speculation about OS updates will prove to be true. Gotta have room for the tunes.

acrimsontide no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow.... you must REALLY need advice on a media card!!!! Same post on 3 forums.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask