Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything with a search. ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

Getting full screen video on Curve

Advertisement

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything with a search.

I'm trying to get videos onto my 8320. I captured video with 320x240 size on my PC. I successfully transferred it using Roxio Media Manager to a MP4 format, but no matter what settings I use, it transfers to 240x180. And of course this doesn't fill the screen even with the Full Screen checked on.

Is there anyway to transfer video on the Curve to fill the entire screen? I also tried directly copying a WMV or MPG file, which does show 320x240, but that won't play.
    Last edited by NickAC; 07-12-2009 at 09:24 PM.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I would try another video converter. Discussion here on converters for the Bold, but a lot of these work with various models. Blackberry Video Converter from Seabyrd Tech is my personal favorite.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    The only way I know to get "full screen" is from vuclip.com. Choose the "play" option not the "stream" option. You can also save to your media card.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I just tried Blackberry Video Converter and it worked pretty well - thanks! Much easier than going through Desktop Manager and Roxio!

Is vuclip strictly for downloading and watching videos? i.e., to convert, would you have to first upload your video and then download to the BB?

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Vuclip is not for your personal videos. Its for watching youtube and similar videos. You can either watch it from their site or if you like you can dload and save it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Oh, okay - thanks!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Glad the converter worked for you. If you're looking for a good YouTube app, then Vision is a great program. It works with Wi-Fi and allows you to select video formats. Most people say that YouTube looks better on the iPhone and it's due to the video format it streams in. Vision allows you to select between the two available. Great little app.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

JackieMobi no está en línea Stack level 1
    So happy FINALLY got the vuclip.com site works n my mobile Device Blackberry Curve 8320! I was trying for months to figure out how to PLAY Video on my BBCurve 8320 and Im glad it works. I have put a link on my Mobiradi.mobi site and its rich content on the site Mobi sites need Mobi links thats the only way they work good giving the Mobile user a better Mobile Entertainment experience try it and please give me feed back. Thanks the vuclip.com really work!! vuclip.com also known as blueapple.mobi It's the You tube of Mobile Video viewing. For all phones you might need a Media Card.
    Last edited by JackieMobi; 10-05-2009 at 02:09 AM. Reason: missing letter