Is there a way I can get shows on my DVR to my BlackBerry? I ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

bayzbol44 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

DVR Content to Blackberry

Advertisement

Is there a way I can get shows on my DVR to my BlackBerry? I have Dish Network there is a USB slot in the back, but I don't know how I can move the information from there to a portable hard drive or my BB.

Has anyone done anything like this before? If so, can you assist? I have a 8320 with 4.5, so I am hoping this is possible now.

Thanks in advance.

javajed no está en línea Stack level 1
    You would have to get them from the dvr to a computer so you could put them in the correct format and then place them on your sd card a tv capture card might be the way to go with this. that way you could play back your shows in to the computer.
    Just a guess. I would look for the shows you want in a torrent on the internet and download them it would be more simple.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~couldnt you put them on a memory stick save them there and then move to your computer and the format them to go on your BB

PIN/ID
    What would I use to change the format? Like Blackberry Video?

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    You want to convert it to 3gp. I saw somewhere on pinstack a 3gp video converter. I will see if I can find it. Give me a muinute.

Quote Originally Posted by bayzbol44 View Post
    What would I use to change the format? Like Blackberry Video?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Here is one post that has several. I think some of them cost though. I will look for some free ones too. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Forgot to post the link.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ideo+converter

Sorry can't edit from BB~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    This post has free ones in it http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ideo+converter

Hope that helps
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I will have to see if I can hook up my portable hard drive to my DVR now.

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    According to DISH, any hard drive that you hook to the USB port on the DVR will be formatted before you can use it as a storage device on the system. Afterwards, if you hook it to a computer, it will not allow it to work unless it is reformatted. I have not tried this personally; but I have a 1TB drive on order that I am planning on trying it with when it comes in. So, it doesn't sound good at this point...

David

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i found this for you check this page out it explains it pretty well

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sorry here's the link http://www.ktar.com/?nid=52&sid=698690

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by wyy183 View Post
    According to DISH, any hard drive that you hook to the USB port on the DVR will be formatted before you can use it as a storage device on the system. Afterwards, if you hook it to a computer, it will not allow it to work unless it is reformatted. I have not tried this personally; but I have a 1TB drive on order that I am planning on trying it with when it comes in. So, it doesn't sound good at this point...

David

David, thanks. I actually looked at their site yesterday and what you stated is correct. They also charge about $40 to activate the feature of "activating" the USB option on your DVR.

The site also says you can not have anything but DVR items on the hard drive, so the drive has to be dedicated strictly for Dish Network DVR content. You are right, it doesn't look good right now.

Thanks Dr. Doom.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Quote Originally Posted by javajed View Post
    You would have to get them from the dvr to a computer so you could put them in the correct format and then place them on your sd card a tv capture card might be the way to go with this. that way you could play back your shows in to the computer.
    Just a guess. I would look for the shows you want in a torrent on the internet and download them it would be more simple.
    Don't use a torrent, its to dangerous. Just downloading one file downloads hundreds of viruses. Trust me, I know from experience.

javajed no está en línea Stack level 1
    What you need is a TV Tuner Capture Card for you PC. This will allow you to connect the DVR to the PC. You can either connect it via Coaxial cable, RCA Audio and Video cable, or S-Video and RCA Audio Cable. Then you hit play on the DVR and Record on the TV Tuners Software. Then once it is completed (2 hour movie takes 2 hours to transfer) you can edit it .