How does one delete the preloaded media on the BB? I basically wanna free up ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

Roosta no está en línea Stack level 2

Dumping Preloaded Crap for Memory

Advertisement

How does one delete the preloaded media on the BB? I basically wanna free up some memory by dumping some of the pix.

I am a bit amazed how little memory there is and how much memory is leaked from this device. I am coming from the 6700 which, while having many other problems of it's own, had plenty of memory to play with and options to save content on the media card.

Does the BB allow for content to be saved on the media card as opposed to the device? If so, what are they?

Can the calendar and/or contacts be saved on the media card? How much memory does the BB actually have and why do I have to do a hard reset every week (read this on another site).

How can I prevent memory from leaking, like call logs, SMS text, etc... ? Can one add more internal memory to the device?

Thanks in advance!
    Peace
    Rooster

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Dumping Preloaded Crap for Memory

*bump*
    i know thay you can not save calendar or contacts to the media card.only thing that can be stored on the media card really is media! to keep memory from leaking go to messages options then keep messages forever. then go to media pictures options reserved pictures memory 2mbs, and device memory limit 12mbs, that way you devices is only that much of memory for medi, yo can go over the listed amount of memory reserved but the reserved memory is letting you know you'll always have 2mbs saved for pictures, etc.....in regards to deleting some of the preloaded media someone else might be able to throw a hand in there...and why do you have to keep doing a hard reset?

hope i've helped out. any other questions let me know. welcome to the stacks

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the post and warm greetings!
    I tried to change the pic storage to something lower than 12mb but I only have 2 choices for storage amount, 12 or 15 mb. I choose 12.
    It seems odd that bb would set things up on a way that you can't dump the preloaded pix. I don't get why they would lock them either.
    I have read and been advice to hard reset once a week to recoup some memory. It is actually a significant amount. Last time I got back something 14mb.
    Would really like to figure out how to clean ny bb of unwanted and unused files. Hope someone who knows how to dump the pix is as nice as you and kind enough to post.
    Thanks again!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

12 will be the lowest that you can change the device memory limits.
    most companies do that....they do it because they spent the time and money on there so they don't want you to take it off.
    well everytime you get and email or sms or anything along those lines it takes a little bit of space away that you have just close some running applications, and delete any un needed messages and you'll be fine. yeah i'll do that on occassion (reset) depending on how low my memory has gotten. also if there are any 3rd party aps you are using, take those off. i'm not sure if you've delete the preloaded video as well that will save you a couple of mbs

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah I dumped everything I could the vid n languages. I got nothing on the app dept. Still feel kinda obsessed bout getting rid of thos ugly wallpapers!