How do you get the downloads on your phone. I found a ringtone and saved ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

dorann no está en línea Stack level 1

Downloading Ringtone Problems:(

Advertisement

How do you get the downloads on your phone. I found a ringtone and saved it onto numerous spots on my computer and everytime I used my Blackberry Desktop Manager and plug my phone through the USB everything will come up except for the downloads?? I can access the downloads when I'm not in my Blackberry Desktop Manager so I don't know what the problem is? Any help out there will be appreciated

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    What do you mean? Is the ringtone stored in your computer or your BB? from what i read you have it stored on numerous spots on your pc. When you do a mass storage connection you can access your bb and a folder for your ringtones should show up. or simply connect your bb to your pc. go to my computer. double click on your assigned bb (f) (g) (d) drive whatever the case may be. Just double click on that bb folder that shows up. Then open it up and you should have about 4 subfolders: one for music, videos, ringtones, pictures. Then just open up the one for ringtones and locate the folder in which you have saved your ringtone and simply add and drop or copy and paste it to your bb's ringtone folder. However, once this is done people complain that the ringtone's not showing up. In that case you should do a BATTERY PULL and then restart your bb and there you'll find your new ringtone added. Best of luck and welcome to our crack house.

P.S. Do you have a sdcard?
    Last edited by raton; 08-04-2008 at 01:23 PM.

I don't have a sdcard. I'm not even sure what that is. But your help did get me somewhere. I actually downloaded the ringtones over again and noticed that they weren't coming up because of the file type that they were being saved in, application loader files. I then saved them in all files and got an error message saying that there is an XML syntex error on line 1 and then no addtl applications for your device was found? If I try a different download I get the same thing.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    what kind of berry do you have? I think Raton is assuming your berry takes an SD card. If it does then he is right. But post your model number and we'll get you some assistance
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

Thanks, I have the 8800.