Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here's how you can download a video from YouTube. It surprises me that so many ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

UnmfO no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2012XX12

Download, save and convert video from YouTube to BB

Advertisement

Here's how you can download a video from YouTube. It surprises me that so many people don't know you can download videos from YouTube onto your hard drive, watch them on your iPod, etc. YouTube has just about every music video ever made.

Step one is to go to the YouTube page where the video is displayed. If you see a page on some random website with a YouTube video on it, you need to go to the YouTube page that shows that video. This can usually be accomplished by clicking on the video itself. Not on the big "Play" button (sideways triangle) in the middle, and not in the little buttons (Play, Pause, etc) or the slider along the bottom, but anywhere on the rest of the video. If the video is playing, clicking right on the image will do it. So if someone embeds a YouTube video on their blog, you usually need to click on the video (not on the buttons along the bottom, and not on the "Play" button in the middle of the video, but anywhere else, on the video itself) in order to go to the YOUTUBE page that shows that video. Once you're on the page that shows the video on the site that the video is hosted by (YouTube), on your browser's address bar, you see a URL (address).

MelodyCan YouTubeRipper is a plug-in for Internet Explorer. MelodyCan supports MP4 and AVI as output formats for video conversion. You can select a desired output format and video size in MelodyCan settings by choosing a suitable encoder for video files. Just click on "Rip YouTube File" button on your Internet Explorer toolbar and the selected video will be saved to your PC in a desired format. The video will download to your hard drive! (To whatever folder you specified). That could take a couple minutes.

What if you want to add this video to your iTunes library, play it on your iPod, or play it on your PSP? You then need to convert it to Mpeg4 format. To do this, I highly recommend MelodyCan Ultra Video version, a great program that converts video so that it plays on the PSP (but the video files it outputs will also play on iPods and other devices). MelodyCan has pretty good instructions, and plenty of information online. It will convert any videos into Mpeg 4 or AVI easily .

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    thanks, this would be great in the multimeadia section. there have been a few stackers who came up with different ways to do it and a few who are still looking how to do it.....great info
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

bidarts no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c2ab86
    Cool.does this software have the ability to just rip the audio?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

umberto21 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up rip the audio of a Youtube video

To rip the audio from YOutube video, I found a cool converter called ConvertHQ premium, you load the video file as an input and you select MP3 as an output.
    It will automatically make a sound file.
    Better yet, you can define a start/end and get the audio output (good for making loops/samples)

bubbleman no está en línea Stack level 1
    I use videoraptor to save videos from youtube,it works quite good.What I found pretty cool is that when running in the background it keeps track of the videos I watch on the web,so it's easier for me to download the ones I want.

bidarts no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c2ab86
    umberto21,is that a free software and where can I get it from.Thanks

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    If you use Firefox, install the DownloadHelper extension -- it is the best way I know to get stuff from youTube.

If you use IE... THANK you for flying Microsoft Airways

...and goodbye.

UnmfO no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2012XX12
    Here's how you can download a video from YouTube. It surprises me that so many people don't know you can download videos from YouTube onto your hard drive, watch them on your iPod, etc. YouTube has just about every music video ever made.

Step one is to go to the YouTube page where the video is displayed. If you see a page on some random website with a YouTube video on it, you need to go to the YouTube page that shows that video. This can usually be accomplished by clicking on the video itself. Not on the big "Play" button (sideways triangle) in the middle, and not in the little buttons (Play, Pause, etc) or the slider along the bottom, but anywhere on the rest of the video. If the video is playing, clicking right on the image will do it. So if someone embeds a YouTube video on their blog, you usually
    need to click on the video (not on the buttons along the bottom, and not on the "Play" button in the middle of the video, but anywhere else, on the video itself) in order to go to the YOUTUBE page that shows that video. Once you're on the page that shows the video on the site that the video is hosted by (YouTube), on your browser's address bar, you see a URL (address).

MelodyCan YouTubeRipper is a plug-in for Internet Explorer.

MelodyCan supports MP4 and AVI as output formats for video conversion. You can select a desired output format and video size in MelodyCan settings by choosing a suitable encoder for video files. Just click on "Rip YouTube File" button on your Internet Explorer toolbar and the selected video will be saved to your PC in a desired format. The video will download to your hard drive! (To whatever folder you specified). That could take a couple minutes.

What if you want to add this video to your iTunes library, play it on your iPod, or play it on your PSP? You then need to convert it to Mpeg4 format. To do this, I highly recommend MelodyCan Ultra Video version, a great program that converts video so that it plays on the PSP (but the video files it outputs will also play on iPods and other devices). MelodyCan has pretty good instructions, and plenty of information online. It will convert any videos into Mpeg 4 or AVI easily .

Too complicated and it's just a plug in for ie of this melodycan soft .I still prefer using videoraptor, at least it keeps track of the videos, whenever I decide I wanna save some of the videos I watched on youtube it's pretty easy to find them.

scoutseeker no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can I use one of these softs to download videos from other sites, besides youtube?

Well,you can give videoraptor a try, besides downloading from youtube and several similard websites,it can also be used for downloading videos and mp3's from the net.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Some very nice info everyone, I was gonna be looking into thnis as my next project and this way I should be off to a great start.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    This will most definitely come in handy right about now. Thanks!

Well i'm pretty sure that this soft I was talking about always comes in handy, I for one have put it to good use.Saves me the trouble of searching and searching what I need, I just search and download all the videos and mp3's I like with videoraptor and I can watch 'em whenever I want on my BB.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

I save my vids already converted to my sd card via www.blueapple.mobi each vid takes about 2mbs at the most some less than that but that's just me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast