I've just bought a used BB 7250 and I don't have a data plan. I've ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

roboteacher no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    321FED7A

Desktop manager and USB

Advertisement

I've just bought a used BB 7250 and I don't have a data plan. I've been going through the posting

0) Connect BB to computer
    1) Perform a selective backup with Desktop Manager, saving only Content Space from your real Blackberry, then disconnect
    2) Download/Install the Blackberry JDE
    3) Start the MDS Simulator
    4) Start the BB Simulator (probably best to choose your specific model)
    5) Simulate a USB connection
    6) Restore the back up from 1) to the simulated BB
    7) Surf to the web site that has your ringtone in the BB Browser on the simulation then save it
    8) Perform a selective backup with Desktop Manager, saving only Content Space from the simulated BB
    9) Disconnect/Close the simulated BB
    10) Connect your real BB
    11) Use Desktop Manager to perform a selected restore of the saved Content Space from 8)
    12) Go to Profiles>Show Tone and find your new content!

They refer to simulating a USB port in the desktop manager but I'm not sure how to do that. Any info would be appreciated.

thanks

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    what are you trying to do? I can't think of a reason you would need to simulate anything.

if you just want ringtones you should be able to just download the tone to your computer and transfer it to your memory card. no simulation needed.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

roboteacher no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    321FED7A

No Data Plan

Is it still possible even though I don't have a data plan?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    as long as you have Internet access from your computer you can download them to it and then transfer them to your BB using your data cable.
    should be a problem. do you have a media card in your phone?
    if you do, when you plug it into your computer it should pop up like a USB mass storage drive you can then just transfer the files to that drive.
    pin me if you need help doing any of this.
    31a52e1c
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey