Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

haha, ya i had that problem its pretty easy and stupid how i figured it ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

darklinkghos no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Custom ringtone problem with Pearl

Advertisement

haha, ya i had that problem its pretty easy and stupid how i figured it out, but if u make a custom ringtone for a contact the only way u can change it is if u go to that contact edit, then at the bottom hit menu and delete field where the ringtone is then save exit, then go back into the contact hit menu add custom ringtone, and then u go put a different 1 up save and ur done, it will stay the same as the original unless u delete it save and come back, pretty retarded but it works for me, it will automatically add an exception for the contact if u customize it

wordat15 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey...new to pinstack...wanted to know if anyone figured out this problem?

rollins96 no está en línea Stack level 2

hey everyone, it might be the same thing but my custom ring tone only works with one # for a contact. Is it suppose to be that way? Example: I have one contact with a Cell # and a Home # and a work # and they are all under that same one person, but when she calls on her cell # the custom tone works, when she calls from home it doesn't.

What's the sense of having mulitple fields for different numbers if only one # works for the whole contact for custom ring tones?

Help? Thanks!

kullman32187 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey I had the same problem as well... my Pearl was only playing the AT&T tune... no matter what i chose for the general or my contacts, but a Hard reset (removing the battery) fixed it!! I just hope this problem wont continue, because that will get annoying...

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

i found that keeping the MP3 files you use for ringtones under 500k seems to help. i had tried to use a larger mp3 for a ringtone and it would simply not play.

ohohphillii no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FC184F

I know how to fix this problem! Okay when you into your exceptions list - you'll see the exceptions but you have to edit them as well. So the path would be Menu>Profiles>Advanced>"select your ringer cateogory">scroll down to the exception that isn't working correctly>edit

You will see the exceptions name, phone and custom ringer. 100% of the time the ringer is incorrect. Also if you see the exception listed more than once you DONT have to change for each one. Hope this helps, if not just PIN me.

ndal2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Had the same issue and was really upset as I have been searching for several tunes all weekend.

Perfect the hard reboot did! - no other steps I had not to take.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the Matrix theam to insall and work.

Lung_Mechanic no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ohohphillii View Post
    I know how to fix this problem! Okay when you into your exceptions list - you'll see the exceptions but you have to edit them as well. So the path would be Menu>Profiles>Advanced>"select your ringer cateogory">scroll down to the exception that isn't working correctly>edit

You will see the exceptions name, phone and custom ringer. 100% of the time the ringer is incorrect. Also if you see the exception listed more than once you DONT have to change for each one. Hope this helps, if not just PIN me.

I'm having the same problem. Tried everything suggested and them some... including the above. NOTHING. It's about to go out the window.

svirath no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello Everyone! New to Pinstack. Lots of great stuff here!!

Problem: I have a T Mobile Pearl 8100 that I am having custom ring tone issues. I am unable to set a customer ring tone for any of my "FAVE FIVES". I am able to customize the ringer for all other contact.

Can someone please help? Very very frustrating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12