Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a Cingular Pearl. Using Media Manager I installed some custom ringtones. The new ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

ed_c no está en línea Stack level 1

Custom ringtone problem with Pearl

Advertisement

I have a Cingular Pearl. Using Media Manager I installed some custom ringtones. The new ringtone that I set for all calls works just fine. However, none of the ringotnes that I set for specific callers work. Instead, the "Cingular Ringtone" plays. I have gone into Profiles and have deleted all of the Exceptions for these callers, however, the Cingular tone continues to play for them. When I recreate new exceptions, still the Cingular ringtone plays.

Is there some way I can reset this and try again? Any suggestions wold be most welcome. Thanks.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Custom ringtone problem with Pearl

ed_c, Welcome to PinStack.

Try editing the ringtone entry, instead of using the Set as Ringtone using the Media App? Open Profiles/Advanced/Edit.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Ed C. Let us know how you make out with this.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Tom A no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having similar problems, also with a Pearl. I have a general custom ringtone, plus a number of others assigned to different contacts. The problem is the incorrect custom ringtone plays for some contacts.

In other words, Contact 1 is assigned Ringtone A, Contacts 2 and 3 are assigned Ringtone B, the main ringer is Ringtone C.

Contact 1 calls, and I hear Ringtone B.
    Contact 2 calls, I get the Cingular ringtone.
    Contact 3 calls, it works properly and I hear Ringtone B.

It is really screwy, and a little frustrating. To hear the ringtone for my wife, answer the phone "Hi Honey" and it be one of my coworkers.

Tom

stacyd no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E5B2B

maybe check profiles,, i dont seem to have a problem, what happens to mine thow is the pics i have saved sometimes come up as diferent pics for the caller its weird,,
    pearld

Quote Originally Posted by stacyd
    maybe check profiles,, i dont seem to have a problem, what happens to mine thow is the pics i have saved sometimes come up as diferent pics for the caller its weird,,
    I did check the profile, the exceptions are listed. I deleted all the exceptions, and went back in to the contacts and added the ringtones back and it didn't help. I went so far as to delete contacts, then called my phone from that number, and saved the number as a new contact and added the ringtone. It still doesn't work properly for some numbers.

I set a new exception, four different work contacts are set with the same ringtone. Three of them are on our phone switch at work, the other is another Cingular cell phone. Of the three on the switch, one works properly, playing the custom ringtone, the other two play the my normal ringtone. I haven't tried the last number in the group yet.

This shouldn't be this fricking difficult.

Tom

rlem00 no está en línea Stack level 2

subscribe

iamtok no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: Custom ringtone problem with Pearl

problem with custom ringtone/custom profile for ringtones!
    setting ring tone for ALL calls is not the problem. it's when i'm trying to make profiles to play a different ringtones. i can't customize the ringtones for certain people. i read on the forum that one or two other people had the same problem. i did the whole nonsense with adding new profiles, adding new exceptions, re-doing them again after deleting. this is getting really frustrating. does anyone know what to do at this point?

iamtok no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: P.S.

oh yeah and when i upload videos that are supposed to be the right format (avi) it doesn't even play cuz it says that the device doesn't support this type of file...what the hell is wrong with this phone!!

I have tried new profiles, new contacts, different ringtones, everything I can think of. At the moment assigning a contact a custom ringtone only works about 1/4 of the time.

So is this actually working for anyone?

Tom

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with Cingular support. No help there at all, he suggested I go to a cingular store and let them troubleshoot it.

Tom

knrhaley no está en línea Stack level 1

I can't get the custom ringtones to work for specific contacts either. I have deleted contacts, reentered them...nothing works! I have T-mobile. Can anyone help?

I added them back in yet again, and for the moment they seem to be working. Our telecom person went to a Blackberry seminar, where they mentioned that for any and all strange behavior, do a hard reset by removing the battery. I have had to do this a couple of times for other wierd problems (like loss of data connectivity), and it seems to have fixed the ringtone problems, at least for now.

I really like the functionality of the Pearl, can't say I am impressed with the stability.

Tom

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

eshepherd how are you trying to add the ringtone.
    from the contact list or adding exceptions?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast