Hi everyone, I've just recently discovered the mobile version of YouTube on my BlackBerry Curve. ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

koala07 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Curve restarts when viewing videos on YouTube

Advertisement

Hi everyone, I've just recently discovered the mobile version of YouTube on my BlackBerry Curve. As I tried to watch a video, my phone automatically restarted. I tried again after the restart and it restarted again. I thought it might have been a low battery issue (though it was at 25%), so I charged my phone and again tried to view a video on YouTube and it did the same thing. I am with at&t and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this issue. Also, I've noticed that I'm not able to view any videos from the web nor email attachments, only the ones that I've transferred to my phone. Does the Curve not support viewing videos from the web or email attachments? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Curve restarts when viewing videos on YouTube

koala -- welcome to pinstack

the curve doesn't play the youtube vids, im guessing, because of the coding. you can however save a youtube video to your PC, convert it and save it on to your media card on your curve...

you can watch (and save) videos on websites like cnn. the more technical people out there can probably tell you why you can on one and not the other....

koala07 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Curve restarts when viewing videos on YouTube

Hey cherrichiodo...thanks for the welcoming and reply! That's totally cool that I can watch vids from CNN. I look at that website everyday and I have yet to watch a video on it until now haha. I was starting to get a little disappointed that the Curve wouldn't be able to play any vids from any website. So thanks again for your help!

aflansburg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2469F3D5

Smile Re: Curve restarts when viewing videos on YouTube

also the amount of data that the "tiny tube" sent to your Curve for playback may have been more than the existing memory on your device. any temp download of video would be stored on your device causing it to reset to clear the overloaded cache........