Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

doesn't work at all for me and i read the directions so many times. Im ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

Striker911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180F95E

Re: How to: Convert videos for your Blackberry Pearl, Curve, 8800 etc.

Advertisement

doesn't work at all for me and i read the directions so many times. Im running this on windows vista with a bb 8130 from sprint.. and its an avi file .. anybody know another converter

this is the error i get..

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

I've been converting vdos to avi format so that I can see it on my pearl for weeks now.

The code that I use is

mencoder -vf scale=240:180 <input vdo location> -o <output vdo location> -of avi -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=240 -lameopts br=64:vol=9

I use this code to convert a DVD to a format that I can see on my pearl

mencoder -vf scale=240:180 dvd://1 -dvd-device /mnt/cdrom/VIDEO_TS -slang en -o ~/chinese.avi -of avi -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=240 -lameopts br=64:vol=9

This assumes that the vdo is located on track 1 of the dvd (it is 95% of the time), and this also gets the captions... Yes I love captions so I just had to get it on my pearl. If you dont like captions remove the bit from the line that goes "-slang en" and then you'll get the picture only without the captions.

A 4.5 GB full length dvd becomes about 300mb after conversion, in my experience. You mileage may vary.

Oh. And you'll have to get the mencoder program off the net. Its free. Google is your friend.

Striker911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180F95E

ummm anyway you can retype that in a way thats readable lol. Im sorry im not good with the program. i already have it in avi format the movie/

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

You need to get the mencoder program from the net and then open a command box AKA dos box... Start> Run, then type in Command.

At the command prompt you have to type in the whole command... word for word or you could try at cut & paste... Then the program will take your input vdo and re encode it into a format that your BB can play.

You need to be half a geek to do this... if you aren't then you are SOL. Sorry. I can only hold your hand so far... You'll just have to stick to getting your vdos preformatted from the net by some kind soul.

skoolafish no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by prelude2005 View Post
    Is this the optimum settings? As far as quality and size?
    id like to know this too. the settings for the best possible quality

investore no está en línea Stack level 1
    For some reason it wouldnt transfer using the Roxio media manager after I converted it... How long is it taking everyone to transfer the actual completed video to their BB's? I have some older videos that I converted for my Pearl, and it took over 45 min to transfer Shrek to my Curve!
    InveSTORE.net
    In Foreclosure?
    Need 2 Sell?
    No Equity?

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B
    You da man cp!! = )
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

post1045 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I seem to be having problems downloading the Super C program. I went to the link from the fist page. I followed the prompts and clicked on the download here, and then went to a new page, but nohing else, no download. Am I missing something??

blackrainlp16 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok well i have a question. After i convert the fine how do i put it onto the phone. I do not have a micro SD card but i though it came with a 64mb card already. So couldn't i put like a couple songs on it. If so how. When i conect the 8320 to my comp nothing happens. It shows that there is a removeable disk or something like that but when i click it nothing happens

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    ok is this the still the softwear use to convert like avi files to work on my 8310 and does it have spyware attached

obione no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa759c
    Dude works like a charm for my 8900

nghienpc no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can I convert DVD format?

dasudevil no está en línea Stack level 2
    This program has to be the best thing yet! I have tried several other programs out there and this was simple, clean and direct. No need to back door the programs so it plays.

I work late nights and during my breaks there is nothing to do. I get tired of searching the web for news. Now I can watch movies while on break. I am soo excited! Starting of with Inspector Gadget (original cartoon) WAY better then no news at night.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    gonna try this out . . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123