I legally purchased/downloaded some tv shows from itunes store and would like to convert them ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

jjhanson49 no está en línea Stack level 1

How do i convert protected (legally paid for) M4V video files from itunes to AVI?

Advertisement

I legally purchased/downloaded some tv shows from itunes store and would like to convert them to AVI to load onto media card/video on my BB Pearl.

I tried ultra quicktime converter, but i'm guessing files are protected because it came back as files unsupported or corrupted.

Tried tunebite but it doesn't convert to AVI which BB Pearl reads.

Any suggestions?

I'm leaving tomorrow morning so i was hoping to load these today if anyone can help it'd be much appreciated!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: How do i convert protected (legally paid for) M4V video files from itunes to AVI?

jj -- welcome to pinstack

see if this helps
    http://www.dvd-tool.com/convert-m4v-to-avi-mpeg.html

Re: How do i convert protected (legally paid for) M4V video files from itunes to AVI?

I tried ultra quick time converter twice, and each time it told me the M4V files were either unsupported or corrupted (they are definately not corrupted because i can launch them in itunes) my guess is protected...

...any suggestions?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

oh dang, didn't even see it was the same thing ... sorry dude

maybe that's it... i do know you can covert itunes music tho, so why not the vids... very interesting. maybe post the question to the mac users?

itguy01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317A9B46

Smile Re: How do i convert protected (legally paid for) M4V video files from itunes to AVI?

You can use a software called Total Convertor which can be found here:

#effectmatrix.com/total-video-convertor#
    (Remove #)

The software does cost $45.95 but it is a complete video conversion software capable of converting pretty much and and all video media to whatever format you might need.

Hope this helps!

Before i purchase it, do we KNOW it will take these likely protected m4v files from my itunes and successfully convert them or is there a chance i'll run into the same error i got when attempting to use ultra quicktime converter?

itguy01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317A9B46

Smile Re: How do i convert protected (legally paid for) M4V video files from itunes to AVI?

I know for a fact that it converts M4v files to other file types. There is a trial version you can use for free available at the same site that will allow you to test the software to see if it meets your needs. Hope it works out for you.