Hi, I'm confused why I can't just download Real Player or something to view videos ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

thad101 no está en línea Stack level 1

Confused, why won't Real Player work?

Advertisement

Hi, I'm confused why I can't just download Real Player or something to view videos on my Pearl. So far, I don't really care to download my fav videos or anything. I just want to be able to watch videos from my fav sites, like YouTube, while on the go. Could someone PLEASE explain this.

THANKS!

Re: Confused, why won't Real Player work?

THANKS! That's what I gathered from reading here and on the web. That sucks!

wasntxme no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2408fbdc

I quickly found out the same thing. If you want to take the "long" route towards having videos available for downtime, you can download any video file (in any format) on to your computer, utilize one of the hundreds of Mpeg/WMV/AVI to .mp4 conversion programs out there (.mp4 is the only one that works on my 8800), and this will give you some media for Bus/Train/Flight waits. Obviously u need a large media card (ScanDisk1Gig), but, we dont seem to have any other options... Download multiple videos etc while you are sleeping/in-the-shower with DAP (download accelerator plus).

The "QuickPlayer" channels offered on BB 8800 are terrible unless you are in a major city, in which case they are no better than yahoo/aol/google. stay clear and donate your money to charity.

Thank, for the QP info! I read something about OS 4.2.1 solving some of the video problems. Has anyone tried it?

tj2311111 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Try tinytube.. That's the only site I know you can watch videos from your BB. Has a pretty wide collection of videos, but the quality is horrible.

babblefish no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, I am new here, and don't know who reads these posts (Blackberry? Other vendors?)

But I am used to both the "3G" phones used in Europe (like the Nokias) as well as my old Palm Treo 650. Both offer a basic set of services, such as native 3G format support and the playing of RTSP-based streaming media.

I fully understand that Blackberry has not played in this space, as they were 100% business oriented. But that was then, and this is now.

Blackberry has added a new line of devices, starting with the 8100 (my phone) and then some follow ons.

Has anyone heard of a roadmap or any plans from Blackberry to add in the standard 3G functions to this line of devices?

I would think they have to, to keep the slice of market they got with the meida inclusive devices.

Thanks !