I keep my 7250 in quiet mode always, is it possible to change the email ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

dsouth no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Change Email and phone Vibe Notification?

Advertisement

I keep my 7250 in quiet mode always, is it possible to change the email and phone vibration so they are different? It's annoying to constantly have to pull the thing out to see if it's a call or an email.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Change Email and phone Vibe Notification?

dsouth, welcome to PinStack.

I don't really think that is possible.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack south. I do believe Rich is right. Why dont you put a sound for the email. There are some pretty quiet sounds. Then you will be able to tell the difference.

dsouth no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm a cameraman and having beeps and chirps in the middle of an interview as you can imagine is just not acceptable. Actually, you'd be quite surprised at how loud the vibe can sound on a quiet set. With all the amazing features in the 7250 you'd think there would be a way to assign two short beeps to email and two longs for phone.... Oh well.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

There is a relatively inexpensive application (15 to 20 bucks I think) you can get on Handango called notifire. I know this allows you to change the length of vibe by contact, and I bet you can do it. I havent gotten a key for this since I got my pearl, so I cant check, but I believe there is a trial version to see if this works for you.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dsouth:

In your profiles, under the vibrate profile, change email/sms/mms/BB messenger to "number of beeps" = 1. Leave calls set at 3.

This is what I do. 1 "beep" is buzz-buzz. If I get more than 1 buzz-buzz, then I know it's a phone call.

Not too convenient at first, because sometimes messages will arrive in quick succession and give "false" phone calls, due to the buzzing, but it works for me.

silimtao no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi all-

This is my first post after getting my Blackberry Pearl only yesterday. I was googling for a way to change the email notification when I discovered a way myself.

Under profiles, scroll down to Advanced, then hit the Menu key, the hit Edit (think those are the steps, as I just did it). You'll find a whole bunch of things to hit to edit sounds on just about any application. Hope this helps. I changed the email notification from whatever the default was that was driving me nuts to a short vibrate + a low sounding "ding". And I finally found a way to change my ring tone- I was used to the default Cingular ring tone from my old phone, now I have Bowie's Rebel, Rebel, lol.

silimtao no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Change Email and phone Vibe Notification?-PS

You can also change the email notification to totally silent (mute), or something louder if you want. Just tried it, and it works. Profiles>Advanced>Edit>Messages, or find the application you wish to change sound notifications on. Can't figure out a way to set the # of vibrations yet, but I figure there must be a way, but setting it to "1" isn't very intrusive. I can't believe the learning curve is so high on this thing- I'm normally able to set up most devices w/out reading the manual, but this is one cool little device and will be worth it in the end.