Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Glad you got it figured out. As far as what video types will play, that ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Glad you got it figured out. As far as what video types will play, that is still based on what is compatible with the BBs media player. For wmv, it has to be only simple coding format or something like that. The video types that I have the most luck with are mp4 and 3gp. There have been a couple wmv videos that would play, but that is all based on what the BB can handle. It also works with music files, that also is dependent on compatibility with the BB media player.

Bit rate, frames per second, type of sound file in the video and more all make a difference. MediaPOP will download any type of file that's listed in its file extension editor. It is strictly an attachment handler.
    Shortly I will post the link to RIM's site that gives all the specific info about media file capabilities.

As Blackberries change you can add different file types without needing a new app or an update. But it is all based on the BlackBerry limitations.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

OK, here are a couple links to RIM's site, the 1st is supported media types:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2066975346

The 2nd is some converting/transcoding tips:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2066975235
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

themob no está en línea Stack level 1
    Azstar,

I have follow all the instruction, even the gmail setting. but it pop up say mediapop: unable to open the connections or

mediapop: attachment not found but i notice i have a paper clip on my email
    I try to save it to my sd card. How do i do that?

Quote Originally Posted by themob View Post
    Azstar,

I have follow all the instruction, even the gmail setting. but it pop up say mediapop: unable to open the connections or

mediapop: attachment not found but i notice i have a paper clip on my email
    I try to save it to my sd card. How do i do that?
    The email nust be sent to the address that is associated with mediapop, it must be sent to your BB after mediapop has been set up, anything sent before mediapop was set up will have to be re-sent. Also the email must still be available on the server it was sent from.

Could you post more details on how you are sending it, from what email (from one address on your BB to another etc.)to what email and when they were sent in relationship to when mediapop was installed?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

themob no está en línea Stack level 1
    Never mind I got t hem working

bubey no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi,
    great having those set up instructions, Thanks!

Although i did follow the instructions I still am having trouble downloading the attachment, it was sent after i installed MediaPop and it does show the selection for MediaPop in my menu. And it gives me the option to download/view attachment. But then it sas MediaPop: Invalid APN - check TCP settings in Advanced Options. Do you have any suggestions for this? Or Solutions =0)

quacky no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi people i was wondering what my apn settings should be for media pop. can u help
    QUACKY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12