Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When I'm in an email with a 3gp file, I can't view this attachment. I ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

rysbb no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't view email with an 3gp file, help!

Advertisement

When I'm in an email with a 3gp file, I can't view this attachment. I selected the menu button and the list does not have "view attachment" as an option. An email with an attachment of jpeg, I can view it. I have 3gp files in my phone and I can view those too. The problem is when I receive an email with it, the menu does not listed "view attachment" or "save" for this. I had called the Sprint Blackberry Tech and they can't fix this issue. I think its related to an attachment issue because when I see my new message icon it does not have a paperclip on it.

I've reloaded all my apps and tried storing my original back up with I had the phone, no luck.

My question is did anyone with 8130 had this problem before and fixed it?

thanks,
    ry

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    As far as I know its not an error but more so has been diabled by blackberry as a security issue. Do a search in these forums. You are sure to find a few threads on the subject.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    There is an app called MediaPOP available in the pinstack store that let's you open supported video attachments up to almost 6mb in size. They have a free trial, check it out. It does require a pop email account like gmail.

i see. so if i send it to my gmail account i should be able to view it? If not, i need a third party app.

You can't do it at all without a 3rd party app. But MediaPOP works well with gmail.

ohhh... this sucks to have to add more apps into the Pearl. My memory is already at 17mb.

Its a pretty small app though, less than 40kb. Its also best to have a memory card and unlimited data for downloading attachments.

I have a 4gb card. I'll give the mediaPOP app try. I was going to exchange my phone for another one. This saved me from being an idoit and a trip to the store.
    thanks for informing me.

No problem! If you need help figuring it out, post back here. I've been using this for a while.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3
    azstar, quick question. I just downloaded the trail and it doesn't show up in the application icon. I went to my email and don't see anything to do with MediaPOP. How do you setup the software to work. It does show up in the option> application, but dont't see how to configure it. Any ideas?

OK, 1st, what type of email account are you using...is it gmail?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

No just my regular email which is roadrunner account

I just saw that you answered and already had most of this typed up so I'm leaving it for other whoever may read it. In order to set it up, you have to know your IPS's server and port information. If you don't know this(you can try contacting your ISP for the info), or I suggest getting a free gmail account, enable POP in settings, then follow the instructions below:

Well, I don't know where you went, but I'll be heading out for a few hours so I'll try to give you some info here. If you downloaded the ZIP file, there is an extensive read me/instructions file that can help you out. If you downloaded OTA, you're flying blind, so I suggest downloading the zip as well.

There is no application icon...it's not needed. To configure the app, go to Options/MediaPOP....if you are using gmail then here are your settings:

Account: this will be your gmail email address
    User Name:your gmail user name(whatever is before the @gmail.com)
    Password: your actual gmail password
    Server: pop.gmail.com
    Port: 995
    There is then a list of options to check: These are based on your preference except SSL/TLS Connection must be checked, the other I have checked are leave on server, show alerts, audio alerts, accept forwards, and save to SD card.

You will not see anything in email unless you have an email with an attachment ready to be opened. If you received the email before setting up MediaPOP, you will need to resend it from a PC. You can't forward an email with attachment received on your BB...by this I mean, if you received an email with a video attachment to your yahoo account, you can't just forward that from your BB to your gmail account because the BB BIS servers do not store attachments. The mail must be sent from a PC or you can also receive a video sent as attachment by another BB.

Once set up and you recieve your mail, open the email, scroll down to the bottom and you will see the attachment, place your curser within the box with the attachment Click menu, and MediaPOP will be highlighted. See these screenshots:

It will ask you if you want to download, click yes and it will begin. It takes roughly 1 minute per mb download time, this depends on network types and strength of signal. Once downloaded you will see the data transmission arrows, and depending on your settings, you will get audio alerts and or a pop-up box when done...I like the audio alert.

Once you have heard the audio alert, it will say where the attachments are saved, click the attachment/MediPOP/and your video will load and play on your browser's media player.

If you have other questions, I'll try to help, but it won't be until late tonight or in the morning.

Oh, one other thing, if you are using an email viewer like BBSmart, you will need to switch yo regular view before you can use MediaPOP...it won't work within BBSmart or Empower. I'm not sure how empower works, but with BB amart as soon as you open the email and hit menu, regualr view is one of your options there.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thanks Azstar, I do have BBSmart and did choose regular view but couldn't find the MediaPOP app. I'm going to set it up thanks for your help, don't know how I missed it in the Options. That's great you posted the instruction for others.

Is there a way to view WMV video files? even though it says on the MediaPOP it still doesn't let you play them on the Blackberry from a email. It shows up as a unknown attachment. Tried it on the Curve and the Pearl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast