I am trying the trial of berry tunes. I want to tune into a streaming ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D

Cant get berry tunes to recognize my radio station

Advertisement

I am trying the trial of berry tunes. I want to tune into a streaming radio station that plays songs by Rick Springfiled (ok quick laughung at me and concentrate). I go into radio and hit add station. I have tried using the url 209.62.11.210, I have tried usiing every combination I can and I cannot get berry tunes to connect.
    The web site is rickradio247.com. I had my IT guy at work who is also a berrygeek try and we just cannot get this radio station to strem to us. it works in realplayer, it works in windows media player, but not berry tunes or moodio.
    So my fellow crackberry solve the mystery, how do I get it to work so I can listen to this station 24/7? What program do you have that you can add it to and make it work?? The challenge is out there, who will find the answer, not just in theory but actually make it work.
    I have a Curve 8330.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Is it an mp3 stream and what's their streaming rate....the bb can't handle a really high streaming rate.....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    azstar i am not sure how to tell if it is an mp3 stream or not but berry tunes wont even make an initial connect to the site,www.rickradio247.com.

I think it's a problem with the station. I tried it this morning through the site using realplayer and when I went to source info it said streaming RAM file, had a file name, and no URL listed. I also tried playing it through the website SHOUTcast and the station would not open at all there either. I'll try again later and see if I have better luck.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    Hi Azstar, I am listing to the site right now in realplayer on my PC. I do appreciate your help. It kills me that no one else on this entire site is chiming in. I figured with all the streamers out there someone would try to load the site and give it a try. I do so appreciate you trying.

OK, just tried it again, and got it to play through berrytunes on my BB for about 11 seconds then it stoppe. I did notice the URL you listed is missing some numbers.

Here's what I entered and got it to work: http://[FONT=Arial]209.62.11.210:8001[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]The streaming rate for this station is high, 128kbps, most of the stations that work well are 32 or 64 kbps. But give it a shot. In the mean time, I frequently contact the developer and I will ask him if he has any ideas to get it to work better.[/FONT]
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Confirmed that its a bitrate issue, you may occasionally get it to work. But the bb data network just doesn't handle it well.

I have the same issue with tuneusinradio.....more misses than hits....works 1 time in 20 maybe....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    Bummer, guess thats the final answer. I cant tell you how I much I appreciate you trying so I stop spending time trying to make it work. I will ask berrytunes to add it to their site and see if they can do something to make it work. Its hard to believe the only stations they use have such low bitrates.
    Thanks again Azstar.

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    Hello azStar, I wrote Berrytunes. They wrote back and said try this URL: http://rickradio247.com:8035/ and it works perfectly. I cannot say enough positive things about Berrytunes support to take the time and help find the perfect URL. It streams like a charm, give it a try!!!!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

memai no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey Coachmeeks, I'm having the same problem with my radio station. Could you tell me how you got in touch with BerryTunes? I'm running the trial version right now and would love to buy the program if it works with my the morning radio station I want.