I've got my curve paired to my Mac and I just successfully transfered two 12 ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

mthhurley no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32b64c36

Bluetooth file transfer of a movie fails, but music works

Advertisement

I've got my curve paired to my Mac and I just successfully transfered two 12 Meg MP3's via Bluetooth. Wooo hooo! I was quite happy I got that to work.

However, I have a movie that I've converted to MP4, about 350 Meg and the moment I initiate the file transfer, it asks me what folder to save it in, I put it in my Video folder, hit ok...Transfer Failed.

Is there a size limitation or something on what it will attempt to grab?

Thanks all!
    Mike

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

Re: Bluetooth file transfer of a movie fails, but music works

I put it in my Video folder, hit ok...Transfer Failed.
    a few questions:

do you have a media card? if so, are you putting this in the video>media card? lastly, does your disk have sufficient space for this file?

Is there a size limitation or something on what it will attempt to grab?
    if you do not have a media card and you're trying to save it to the device itself, you need to make sure that the maximum amount of storage is available in that particular file. to check to see what the maximum amt of space you have or to change it go to:

the file in question>press the menu key> scroll to options>scroll to device memory limit>click on the amount indicated, it could be anywhere from 12mb - 25mb. you can change the amt of space there>save... done.

hopefully this answers your question.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

good call, you might have to get a media card, and if you already have one it could be the file type

PIN/ID
    32b64c36

Quote Originally Posted by littleacorn
    a few questions:

do you have a media card? if so, are you putting this in the video>media card? lastly, does your disk have sufficient space for this file?

if you do not have a media card and you're trying to save it to the device itself, you need to make sure that the maximum amount of storage is available in that particular file. to check to see what the maximum amt of space you have or to change it go to:

the file in question>press the menu key> scroll to options>scroll to device memory limit>click on the amount indicated, it could be anywhere from 12mb - 25mb. you can change the amt of space there>save... done.

hopefully this answers your question.
    Yes, I have a 1 gig card with just a few pics on it. System Status tells me there's 975MB available.

I was able to load the file via USB/Media Manager....and I was able to initiate a Bluetooth transfer of it back to my Mac....but still can't get it to go Mac-->Curve.
    Last edited by mthhurley; 08-09-2007 at 01:03 AM.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

i would check the file format, because i know those device will support .3gp, .mp4, .avi
    so what i would do is try convertig it to an .avi and see if it works

PIN/ID
    32b64c36

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    i would check the file format, because i know those device will support .3gp, .mp4, .avi
    so what i would do is try convertig it to an .avi and see if it works
    But like I said, I transferred this mp4 via USB to it and the movie plays fine. It wont transfer that same file via BT.

I'll keep futzing with it....

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hmmmmm. I'm sorry. I'm not to sure then. That's very odd

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

i just read you are on a company device and they could have restricted your device.

not sure what exactly they may have done but BES allows for every which way to control the device and what goes on with it.

KenGillis no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240341E2

I find it's much less buggy to put large files on my blackberry through mass media.

Go to settings, Advanged Options, Media Card, then turn on Mass Media.

Once you do that, you'll notice that when you plug in your BB, you'll have a removable drive show up in "My Computer." Browse through that for the appropriate folder, and drop it.

I've always had trouble transferring files through the DM. Also, be sure to turn Mass Media back off once you disconnect, else your device can't use the card.