Question for anyone that has used this. I attempted to download and install this program ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

spasell no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Media Sync

Question for anyone that has used this.

I attempted to download and install this program for my Windows XP Professional laptop (I have a Lenovo x61T if that helps).

I shut down my firewalls and pop up blockers and when I was installing this program I continue to get a message that says:

"Setup detected that a Windows System Reboot is necessary Before starting blackberry media sync installation. Please restart your computer before installing Blackberry Media Sync software."

So, naturally, I followed the instructions and I keep getting the same message over and over and over again. I even deleted the program and re-downloaded it and tried again and keep getting this issue.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks for the help!

semiar no está en línea Stack level 2
    Sounds like a registry issue. Have you uninstalled anything lately?

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you have stuck/failed updates and you're sure that nothing is really still pending, you can manually clear out the registry key that's responsible for the reboot message. You can find the key on Windows XP at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager\FileRenameOperations

Typically only one of the keys will exist, and they're supposed to be empty once installers/updates finish, but if something didn't go right you can delete the values manually. The only value that should be in there after all updates/installs finish is the "Default" entry with a data value of "(no value set)"

You can also check out this blog post on MSDN:
    Last edited by JjcampNR; 11-18-2008 at 08:42 PM.
    Device: 8100c / Apps: / Platform:

Blake2221 no está en línea Stack level 1

Save your time

It's not worth it unless you are compulsive about sound. I realized only after downloading this crap and it not working that I can import WMA files to my Blackberry. Only when I imported whole albums or playlists did it not convert it. So save your time, energy, and disk space and just import it straight to your bb. I don't know about Itunes files, but at least try. Good luck.