Hi, I'm new at this so would appreciate your help. Having purchased a BB curve ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

amosto no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry & Desktop Manager

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm new at this so would appreciate your help. Having purchased a BB curve 8300 and using Fido has been quite a challenge to get this to work....but have succeeded. My only problem is that i cannot sunc the e-mail on the desktop manager version 4.2.2.12 dated March 19, 2007. The field is greyed out.

Anyone knows why?

Thanks

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Blackberry & Desktop Manager

Hi
    The reason it is grayed out is that you must choose your sync applicationn first and configure the desktop manager. In other words if you are syncronising via PC you should most probably choose Outlook as your preferred application to sync with BB. If Desktop Manager does not recognise your phone then connect and disconnect a few times until the system finds your device and installs the drivers.
    I hope this helps

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Blackberry & Desktop Manager

I have had my blackberry pearl for a little over a month and figured out how to take some of my favorite songs that I have on cd in my computer and put them on the blackberry, however I have yet to locate a place that is compatable to load purchased music onto the blackberry. I found this website which is great! and has assisted me with some themes problems so I thought I would try this for the music portion as well! Will take any advice that ya'll might have. I don't wanna buy a whole cd for 1 song.

Thanks,
    The Hippie
    Last edited by the hippie; 07-05-2007 at 03:42 PM.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by amosto
    Hi,

I'm new at this so would appreciate your help. Having purchased a BB curve 8300 and using Fido has been quite a challenge to get this to work....but have succeeded. My only problem is that i cannot sunc the e-mail on the desktop manager version 4.2.2.12 dated March 19, 2007. The field is greyed out.

Anyone knows why?

Thanks
    -

The Blackberry device will not "sync" to a PC for email in the same way it does for the other PIM functions.

Unless your BB is associated with a BES and the PC is connected to the email server associated with that BES, it email function in desktop manager will be greyed out. If you do not have an account ion the BES, you installed the desktop manager using the wrong option.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~