Hi everyone, I just got my new Blackberry Curve. I'm using it with a microSD ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

barbarojo no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Big mp3 files not listed

Advertisement

Hi everyone, I just got my new Blackberry Curve. I'm using it with a microSD 2GB but I'm having trouble uploading a few mp3 files to it. I didn't have any problem with most of my music files but with a couple of audio books. I'm using the multimedia adminitrator that comes with the Blackberry Curve (Easy Media Creator 9 by Roxio - Version 910B72J). The mp3 files are converted and copied just fine to the multimedia card ( F:\BlackBerry\music\ ) but for some the Blackberry won't list them. Any ideas?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Big mp3 files not listed

I have nearly 300 MP3's on my 2 Gig Sandisk MicroSD ranging in size from a few hundred K to 21Mb and all play perfectly. I either used the SD adapter or Mass Storage mode to get them there.

Frankly, Roxio is a huge waste of disk space and incredibly intrusive (and doesn't play nicely with Vista to boot). They'd have to offer a LOT of $$$ for me to use it!
    JerryD

barbarojo no está en línea Stack level 1

What do you use instead?

Quote Originally Posted by barbarojo
    Hi everyone, I just got my new Blackberry Curve. I'm using it with a microSD 2GB but I'm having trouble uploading a few mp3 files to it. I didn't have any problem with most of my music files but with a couple of audio books. I'm using the multimedia adminitrator that comes with the Blackberry Curve (Easy Media Creator 9 by Roxio - Version 910B72J). The mp3 files are converted and copied just fine to the multimedia card ( F:\BlackBerry\music\ ) but for some the Blackberry won't list them. Any ideas?
    This may not be the correct answer for you, but you may need to check the extension to make sure it's ".mp3". I moved some midi files from my computer to my 7105t that I knew were there but didn't appear in any list; the problem ended up that the file extension was .midi on the computer, and the handheld would only list .mid. I changed the file ext to ".mid" and problem solved.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by barbarojo
    What do you use instead?
    I just use Mass Storage mode, and Windows Explorer, and copy my MP3's to a Root Directory named Music, then use Playlist Creator 3 to create relative playlists which are the only thing that reside in my BlackBerry\music directory.

I'll try to post a more comprehensive guide to this technique soon.

Oh yea, and one other thing. Remember that DRM protected files won't on the BlackBerry or with Roxio.
    Last edited by jdellasala; 07-19-2007 at 01:09 PM.
    JerryD