Is anyone else using their devices for mp3 players? I have an 8gb sd card ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6

Better Shuffle

Is anyone else using their devices for mp3 players? I have an 8gb sd card with so far over 900 songs (and many more to come!) but when I was running 4.3 the shuffle sucked. It kept playing not only certain artists, but the exact same songs by the artists. I just thought my berry had an affinity for Evanesence, Eve 6, Disciple, and Three Days grace. Over 100 other artists and it kept playin certain 3 songs off each artist. Well OS 4.5 seems to have fixed that issue and I now have a good shuffle feature that really keeps my musicd genres on its toes. Anyone else see this? Well regardless, RIM thank you for 4.5!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Haven't transferred my tunes to the device yet, but thanks for the insight. Looking forward to it!

icuqtpie no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't like using my phone as a mp3. I find when playing the mp3 on my pearl it sometimes freezes up. I have a 4gb card, and that is where all my music is stored, I mean I have a MP3 player so I don't really need to use my phone as one.

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    I agree that the shuffle performs much better than in previous versions but I miss the ability to shuffle by folder. Before upgrading to 4.2 and 4.5 on my 8800, I remember being able to view music by folder. Once in a folder you could shuffle just that folder.

For example, I have several albums on my media card then I have a folder called various with just single tracks by multiple artists. I use to be able to go into the various folder and just shuffle it. Now I can only shuffle the entire collection on the media card. The workaround is to start with a clean play list and add all the tracks in the various folder to the play list then shuffle it. Of course I could do this in advance and just shuffle my play list but that takes planning and if I quickly add some tracks then head out the door it's not happening. Maybe I'm just missing the option on the device, looked everywhere with no luck.

Anyway, I miss that small feature of the media player but am happy with the improvements since its initial introduction.