Ok, so I'm testing the trial version of the BerryTunes 2.2 streaming radio app and ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

djbroke119 no está en línea Stack level 2

BerryTunes 2.2 Radio Streaming

Advertisement

Ok, so I'm testing the trial version of the BerryTunes 2.2 streaming radio app and I like it. I have an 8800 running on ATT's EDGE network in Northern CA and the streaming works amazingly well. There are plenty of music categories and stations to choose from. About 20 categories and maybe 100 preset stations. This app costs $20 and I think I'm gonna buy it. It also plays media but my bb media player will do this.

My problem is that it allows for custom radio stations but there is no help and I can't get my streaming stations to work. It only asks for url, so I'm not sure which url to enter. All I have tried have failed.

Anyone else have this app? What would the url be on a streaming music page?

Thanks,
    DjB
    Wifey says I'm gonna get carpel tunnel if I don't put down "the berry."

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

Re: BerryTunes 2.2 Radio Streaming

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kinda like an rss feed you need a streaming url for the player to pull. Google a list of streaming music urls. Pick one just to test. Should be what you're looking for. It needs to be a real streaming music url and not a flash player like(like most local radio stations that have websites

Ok, yes I get it. Every link, url, site I enter doesn't load. I've tried the site main url, .asx url, .html url, .php url and nothing is recognized. Which url are they talking about?

Can you give me an example of a url to a "real streaming music url" ?

Either post or email to djbroke119 at yahoo.
    Last edited by djbroke119; 02-09-2008 at 02:31 AM.

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    http://www.google.com/search?q=strea...=Google+Search

Try the first few links on this page. It will help explain how to find the url etc..

Hmmm, that link is helpfull yes but I'm still not having any luck. The two stations I am trying to get are KCBS and KNBR.

Update:

Ok, so I tested it again for a good 20 min and I'm still convinced that this app is worth it. Again, the streaming worked PERFECT for 20 min. (literally perfect) on the preset stations. I was even impressed that I received an email during the stream with no interruption. I did have 4/5 service bars so I'm wondering if the streaming quality goes down with less service bars. I minimized the radio and opened several other apps and there were no problems, only thing is you have to have the berrytunes showing to use volume buttons. There are hifi and lofi versions of some stations but overall sound quality was decent.

One downside is that there are only a handful of hiphop stations. There are plenty of house/dance, rock, worldwide music which I am into so that is cool. Maybe I can add some hiphop stations once I figure that out.

Also, I was able to add one custom station. I found it here:
    http://sl.magnatune.com/Blues

None of the other custom stations would load, except above. That site has a dozen or so stations but the streaming audio has flaws on these stations from my berry. There are gaps every 6-8 seconds. Maybe the bandwidth is too high? Again, all the default stations work PERFECTLY.
    Last edited by djbroke119; 02-09-2008 at 05:55 PM.

Striker911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180F95E

hey does this app work for other providers and bb???

Yes. Look for the trial version to test on your berry.

slickrickfrazie no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey DJBroke119. If you are looking for URLs, the answer is simple. I like to use shoutcast to find the URLs that i'm looking for to use in BerryTunes.
    First make sure you have the latest RealPlayer.
    Then visit http://www.shoutcast.com/.
    Click on the yellow tunein button for the station you like.
    It should open realplayer as long as you have it as your default. If you don't then set it to be for all types of music.
    Then while RealPlayer is playing the stream, hold down ctrl I and it will bring up the URL for the stream.
    Create a new station in BerryTunes with this url (example is http://scfire-dll-aa02.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1074).

This works for me every time.

Thanks

slickrickfrazie no está en línea Stack level 1
    One more thing DJBroke119. I forgot to mention, use windows to go to shoutcast, not the blackerry. Of course create your station on the blackberry.

thanks