Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've had the SMS and call log dissappear without warning a couple of times and ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

Dizzle no está en línea Stack level 1

My BB Pearl memory keeps going to zero and erasing my SMSs!

Advertisement

I've had the SMS and call log dissappear without warning a couple of times and I thought I had it solved the first time. I set the menu to keep SMSs "forever" and I have a 2 gb card. I made sure my pictures get saved to my media card and I've cleared my internet history. I have nothing in the device memory folders but the stuff that I cannot delete. Yet I still watch my free device memory get smaller and smaller (from the status menu).

How can I keep that number away from zero so that I can be sure my text message conversations don't get deleted?

By the way, I can't believe blackberry deletes the text history even if you have it set to keep them forever. That's potentially mission critical info.

Thanks,
    Dizzle

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: My BB Pearl memory keeps going to zero and erasing my SMSs!

Welcome to Pinstack!

The reason that this happens is due to having too many apps open and not closing them correctly. I suggest doing a battery pull either everyday or every other day. When the phone is on, take the battery out. Leave it out for 30 seconds and replace. This will free up all the leaked memory and you should see that it doesn't delete the txt, sms or call logs anymore.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Dizzle. You can also check open apps by hitting Alt+Escape and closing the apps you're not using.

mksblckracer no está en línea Stack level 1

it could also be from having to many programs on the phone it happened to me when i first got my blackberry

greenmr no está en línea Stack level 2

I can't believe I found this thread today completely by accident. I had this same thing happen to me this morning, my SMS and call log completely wiped. Really had me scratching my head.

inou297 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241AB6CD

I have a question i hope someone can answer for me, I have a T-mobile Pearl how do i get it to recognize my 2.0 Gb media card. Please guide me in the right direction, Thanks. I hope this is in the right manner as i am new to this forum.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

inou297, Welcome to PinStack.

What version of the Pearl OS are you running? Go to Options/About to find out. If it is still 4.2.0.42 you will need to update to the latest. If it is a later version, then have you formated the Media Card using your BB? Options/Advanced Options/Media Card then open the menu and select Format Media Card. Also make sure that the Media Card Support is set to Yes.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

SonikAMD no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e44a00

Dizzle, another trick I picked up here is to hold down alt(the up/down arrows) and typing lglg. This brings up the 'Event Log' then click the trackball and choose 'clear log'. Doing this every few days seems to have fixed my disappearing message problem. Thanks Pinstack!

On another note, I've tried the alt+esc trick and can switch between apps, like alt+tab in windows, but cannot manage to close certian apps ( Browser, Phone, Home Screen, BB Messenger and Messages). I guess Phone, Home Screen and Messages are necessary but must Browser and BB Messenger always be running as well?

akg
    akg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240EB50D

I've tried the alt+esc and have had the same experience. I cannot close browser and BB messenger.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

To Sonik and akg, the only way to "turn off" BlackBerry Messenger is to turn off your phone or take the battery out. You will show up as "Unreachable." You can also exit the browser but not turn it off.

SonikAMD no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e44a00

Thanks Erica1073.

vdragon no está en línea Stack level 2

I've had this happen to me quite often and i've only had my BB for 2 weeks. I've tried closing all programs, tried deleting some language supprots that i don't need, and turned it off and on twice. it only went back up by 40000 b.

Sonik, is it safe to clear all those logs? and what are they? why is there one that is in bold? I'm a newbie. any answers to my stupid questions will be greatly appreciated.
    thanks in advance.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

It's not too many apps -- it's a memory leak in certain versions of the OS. As the memory leak eats up space the Pearl will begin to delete things to free up more space.

You can reset the Pearl or pull the battery as an interim measure but you really need to update the OS to resolve the matter. Sorry, I don't have a Pearl and I don't have the link to the OS that you need but there are numberous threads on this matter (that's how I know about it).

goowatchi no está en línea Stack level 1

Here's the new software update that fixes the memory leak.

mediafire.com/?4tyzthnn0ny

File Name: 8100M_PBr4.2.0_rel89_PL2.2.0.41_A4.2.0.73_Cingular .exe

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle
    I've had the SMS and call log dissappear without warning a couple of times and I thought I had it solved the first time. I set the menu to keep SMSs "forever" and I have a 2 gb card. I made sure my pictures get saved to my media card and I've cleared my internet history. I have nothing in the device memory folders but the stuff that I cannot delete. Yet I still watch my free device memory get smaller and smaller (from the status menu).

How can I keep that number away from zero so that I can be sure my text message conversations don't get deleted?

By the way, I can't believe blackberry deletes the text history even if you have it set to keep them forever. That's potentially mission critical info.

Thanks,
    Dizzle
    This has been talked about many, many times. Search and you'll shall find the answer to your problem next time.

What OS are you currently using?

Upgrade to the latest OS and problem should be solved. Im running 4.2.0.73 " Latest Cingular OS " and dont have your problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast