I've tried for some weeks now to get music files stored on my 2GB card ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

Ruptured Teabag no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Aux audio input to Car

Advertisement

I've tried for some weeks now to get music files stored on my 2GB card to play from my 8820 into my car sterio system through the car's auxiliary audio input socket.

I must have bought 5 different audio adapters (the ones that convert the 2.5 mm BB output to 3.5 mm female that accepts headphones jack) and a couple of 3.5 to 3.5 male cables, but the best results I get are music playing out of my left speakers only.

Without going to great expense, does anyone know of a very simple 2.5 male to 3.5 male jack plug cable that will achieve what I'm after?

Do RIM make one?

If not (and I suspect that the cable doesn't exist) what's the next best option?

I don't mind paying a modest amount, as it's driving me mad, and I do have a lot of albums downloaded to my BB media card.

I've discounted FM transmitters and fancy remote adapters etc....

Any suggestions?

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    From what I have gathered from others postunha before I belive that one of the big sponsors of the site here have some such products. I can't remember the name but if you are surfing on line have a look St some of the banner ads for BB accessories and that company I think should have what you are looking for. I think that its like seido or something like that. Post back with any results. Thanks. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2
    Sedio apparently makes a fully functional 2.5mm adapter cable specifically for the BB.

Ruptured Teabag no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks guys, it's actually Seidio, they make an adapter (2.5 male to 3.5 female for headset use) but i can't find a male to male (2.5mm to 3.5 mm cable) to plug straight into the car stereo input.

RT

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    Just get the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter then get a 3.5 male to male extention.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pip11 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Question, are you plugging the 3.5 cable into the adapter before or after you plug the adapter into your phone?

In my experience, if you reverse that order it only plays in mono, not stereo.

Hope this helps