hi there. now and then i encounter syntax error when using application loader and therefore ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

chopperhead no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

application downloads

Advertisement

hi there.

now and then i encounter syntax error when using application loader and therefore my devise will not accept any new application. like, i am able to download dbviewer but cannot upload it to my devise. or is there any other application where i can transfer my data base, excel and doc files from desk to my bb? please assist.

thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: application downloads

OK. Let's start with the application. Do you mean Cellica's BlackBerry Wireless Database Viewer (WAP)?

Let's assume that's the case. The install was too involved, so I didn't complete it, but I would assume that once you've installed it, it will deposit a file with the extension .ALX on your computer. In this case, it is probably under the Program's directory since it appears that it has a component that has to run on your computer as well as the component that runs on your BlackBerry.

Once you've finished the installation, you start up Desktop Manager's Application Loader and hit the Add button and browse to the directory with the .ALX file and select that file. At that point the application should install on your BlackBerry.

Hope that helps.
    JerryD

chopperhead no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: application downloads

WAP application is one of them. actually have tried several applications which am able to downl;oad to desktop thence using application loader to add program to device i always encounter error prompt that says - "error in application file. there is an XML syntax error on line 1". though was successful in uploading other apps like efile, eoffice and the likes. what should i do. could desktop software earlier downloaded (which i am using now) is not a complete download? by the looks of it my earlier v.4 (something) was only 45 MB compared to what i am downloading tonight at 68MB. thanks in advance