Hello everyone, I'm having an interesting issue w/ ringtones I've made. Im using GarageBand and ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

ALL DOWNLOADED MP3'S COMING UP AS "index"

Advertisement

Hello everyone,
    I'm having an interesting issue w/ ringtones I've made. Im using GarageBand and cutting the song down, converting it to an mp3, and it plays on my computer perfectly...the ringtone is coming in at about 1.8MB. I have a box.net account in which I use to download the ringer onto my BB...The problem is when I download the ringtone and it gets to the BB built in player, it just shows as "index," w/o the name of the song, and nothing plays. I can't figure it, weighs in @ 1.8MB, in MP3 format, and plays fine on computer...I have tried to email to myself and that won't work...any ideas? I posted this thread because the index issue is something I didn't find by searching, Please delete this thread if it isn't necessary, Thanks- Ajm

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

tippndown no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3012D2AF
    8700's can't get ringtones of that file size

tippndown no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3012D2AF
    499mb tops....if im not mistaken

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    I had lot of problems when I started playing with ringtones, but never had that one. I wonder if the bitrate they are being saved as? AJM, have you tried any of the links from Official Ringtone Thread to see if they work?

PIN/ID
    3056468b
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have some ringers at 550 give or take.

PIN/ID
    3056468b
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Make sure the settings are similar to this... 192kbps, stereo, 48,000 hz, at the most 500-550kb, at the most 30-40 seonds in length.

If you don't have control over all those settings you can download dbpoweramp converter, its free, or even roxio cd creator, which has a very easy and user friendly converter.

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3
    thanks guys, I got it working for me, and have come up w/ a very easy way of uploading the ringers myself, w/ no 3rd party site, thanks to box.net...look at my thread in bb & mac_ thanks for your help