Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OK ! I'm new to the whole BB thing, and the other day, my moto ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

whitecracker no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile 7HR BB OWNER AND ALREADY READY TO TRASH IT! HAHA just another ringtone issue

Advertisement

OK ! I'm new to the whole BB thing, and the other day, my moto v555 took a dump so i decided to replace it with an extraterestrial 7105t. So far what i have learned is that the normal way of getting ringtones was to download a song and rip what you wanted of it, export it as mp3 and then upload it to your phone with the data cable bob's ur uncle the sky is blue. Well that's not the case with the 7105t as the only ringtone it will accept is .adp (so i've learned). Basically i've scoured the site for about 6 hours now which leaves me with the assumption that i have the wrong phone! I have Centennial wireless as my provider and i thought it would be ok to get a gsm unlocked phone just like i always have from ebay as my only needs are custom music ringtones, sms, caller id, and style. well, centennial wireless doesn't support the web browser for BBs, so the only way i can get custom real music ring tones is to create them solely on my computer and upload them to my phone with the data cable. I can not download them from a site, email, or any internet enabled transaction.

My basic issue is - I need to know how to make a ring tone for the 7105t from an mp3 song and convert it to adp, then use desktop manager to put it on my phone to use when somebody calls. It's sounds so darn simple but the only thing i have a problem with is converting from mp3 to adp. There is no free converter (that i have been able to find) and there is no possible way to download them from my phone.

If ANY body has a solution for me i would greatly appreciate it. If not, I would appreciate some suggestions on which BB i should get to fulfill my very basic needs [custom real music ring tones (mp3), sms, caller id, style]. If there is a specific link to my specific problem please lead me to it, as this site is a plethra of BB knowledge and in 6 hours i have come up empty.

Thank you guys very, very much.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: 7HR BB OWNER AND ALREADY READY TO TRASH IT! HAHA just another ringtone issue

Try the the following models:

8100 Pearl
    7130 (I THINK. Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

SonikAMD no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e44a00

Re: 7HR BB OWNER AND ALREADY READY TO TRASH IT! HAHA just another ringtone issue

Have you tried http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._adp_file.html
    ?

the link to the program is a .zip file so you may have to "right click, Save As.." to download it.

Sonik,
    Are you talking about the mobile phone tools program? I couldn't get it find my phone. I think i saw on another thread that the phone configuration didn't have anything to do with the converter, i will play with it for a while. Thanks for you input guys

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Try what SonikAMD suggested and that should work for you. Also if you are willing to change to a different phone then I would probably go with the 8100 pearl or the 8800 for multimedia and also the other few things that you said you needed. If you get an unlocked one of these then you should be able to switch very easy but the only down side to your service is that you can't use the bb to its full potential meaning you can't use the internet or email on the bb pearl or 8800 or let alone any device, LOL!!

Hope this helps,

COJO 24

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

What you need to do for your phone is to download a converting program to your computer and then convert the mp3 to an adp format and then you will be able to load to your bb through DM, I think. I don't have a bb that isn't meant for multimedia so I'm not sure exactly how to do this for your phone.

Hope this helps anyway,

COJO 24

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

8100 or just get the 8800. If not 8700.... Truely powerful device.

cojo - I've been looking and looking for such a program to convert mp3 to adp however, i've been unsuccessful. If you know of such free software, please post it here as thousands of members would like to know how to do this. In the mean time, I'm going to try and try to get realtones on my phone but if i can't i'm going to look into the pearl thing. I don't want to switch phones and i'll do anything i can to make this one work but if it's gonna be something like re writing the software for the bb, then i give. pearls are good i hear

Ok, so i search some more on this fabulous web site and i find a thread where a guy uses a simulator to download and fool the actual berry. Well i did the 4.0 to 4.1 update so i am using the 4.1 simulator (if that is wrong, please let me know if i need to use the 4.0.2 instead). I go to popular web sites that host adp, and there is absolutely no save option when i click the wheel on the simulator. When i click to open, it's in arabic or a different language. SO! how is it i download from the simulator? remember i have no data plan and it is not even an option with my carrier ( centennial wireless)
    Last edited by cp6169; 02-28-2007 at 11:05 AM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

There is a secret when using Philips Mobile Phone Tools... you dont even need that program!

When you install Philips you need to search for an executable file called multimedia studio, or something similar. Drag the file to your desktop and run the program. The rest really is self explanatory.

When I get home I will give the exact location of the file, and maybe even post it up for others to download.

cp6169 - thank you for the input! I've read on here that mobie phone tools is what you need, but i wasn't abe to figure it out. I googled multimedia studio with no luck. If you woud, please post the location on here! that'd be awesometabulous if i didn't have to switch phones to get realtones. This kinda poses a challenge for me and i'm not giving up yet!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by xtasyboi_00
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

8100 or just get the 8800. If not 8700.... Truely powerful device.
    Thanks. I didn't think the 7130 could play mp3 but I wasn't sure.

hahaha wow. I just figured it out. it's an exe WITHIN the mobile phone tools in the program files of the computer. hahaha google couldn't find it so it must not exist right? haha wrong. It's called MMcenter on mine.

now that i'm in that program, it appears that it indeed does NOT convert .mp3 to .adp. I'm still confused but i'm in the program that uses melody studio and mss studio and image studio. Any help from here would be appreciated. I can't get any of the studios to recognize my .mp3s on my computer or the 470k clip i got from one. Do i need to convert the .mp3 to .wav first?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Open MMStudio

Choose Melody Studio

Under Melody Files choose the song you want

Choose Save As and in the drop down box where it says mp3 change it to Oki ADPCM

Done.

There is one last thing you need to know, many servers dont know how to handle adp file types. Also, you cant email an adp ringtone because its an executable file, so you need to remove the file extension before you email it, fyi.

Any other questions please ask...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast