When I use tinytube to download any content, I can plan on having to do ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

4 tinytube d/l b0rk internet

Advertisement

When I use tinytube to download any content, I can plan on having to do a battery pull after 4 downloads.

The interesting thing about this is that not all apps accessing the net are broken ...only the browser, BlackBerry maps, & infospace find-it (3rd party app). Audibleair still accesses the net.

I have spent hours on this, and have only had this happen when using tt.

What gives!?
    ...Yogich

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 4 tinytube d/l b0rk internet

any luck on this?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

So far, I have wiped the BB, tried again, then wiped everything --including the OS-- reloaded just the OS, and it worked pretty well. I then put a couple 3rd-party apps back on ...and guess what: 4 d/l & the connection is b0rked, requiring BP.

Fact is, I tried ONE tinytube d/l last night, turned the thing off for the night, it auto-turned on, I did 3 more and on the 3rd it b0rked the connection. IT REMEMBERS!?

What a pain in the butt. So much for tinytube. I guess that's the easiest 'out'.

[EDIT: I think the evidence is pretty conclusive. I have my BB loaded with all apps I normally use --no more, and no less. I have just d/l my sixth vid from Mobvid and nothing untoward has happened. Guess it's pretty clear: use Tinytube at your peril --or at least at my peril...]
    Last edited by Yogich; 10-23-2007 at 11:52 PM.
    ...Yogich

[Addendum]
    I reverted to OS 4.2.1.64 and have had no further probs with tinytube. I discovered, for one thing, that OS 4.x.x.107 has cache problems, in that it doesn't know how to count. Wondering if that has something to do with the problem. I have currently downloaded 10 vids, using tinytube, for a total of approximately 15238k --or, roughly five times the bytes I could d/l prior to reverting to the previous OS I had on this BB.

FWIW.
    ...Yogich

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

what have you lost because of the downgrade though? after reading your post i'm thinking about downgrading to .64 from .107, but what am i going to lose? if you can tell me any info that would be great

rob3314 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi there. I'm running into another issue with .107 and I'd like to try .64 again to see if it's better. Does anyone have .64 still that you can share with me? Thanks!